OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A bright spot in a rough GA season.

Started by MossyOak92, May 10, 2022, 09:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MossyOak92

Been a tough year for me in GA. Pulled up to a piece of public to see two trucks parked on a gate. That really surprised me for a Tuesday morning towards the end of season.  I decided to go about 20 minutes away to a small piece of private that I haven't heard a bird on in a few years. Eased in and heard this fella gobbling a bit across the creek. So I set up with just a few clucks and yelps from my Bob Buckner adjustable I had him and a hen in my lap. Thankful to get to Kill a Georgia bird this year I was begining to think it wouldn't happen.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Wigsplitter

Congratulations! Looks like he took a face load!!

Gooserbat

This late in the game a gobbler might show up anywhere.  Congratulations.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

FLGobstopper

Congrats man!

The GA gobblers been kicking my butt this season as well. Missed one I have been after in a spot that's only held one gobbler for the past few seasons. Same one, pretty likely and he was the only really good consistent gobbling GA turkey I've been on this year. Last year I hunted him once early season, then had a trip and didn't hunt him until last 2 weeks and he gobbled hard each of the 4 tries up until May 15. Really bummed to miss him and he's gotten a lot quieter afterwards, more nomadic and even harder this year. Got one 3 weeks ago in another spot from same area that came in quiet with 3 hens. Other than that been really hit or miss and mostly miss on 4 different places I've been.

Had one good morning hunt last Wednesday on another area and then another day and half of silence after that. Your post gives me some motivation to try one more hunt before the buzzer sounds. Maybe I can pull off a half court lob or hail mary bomb to close it out.

deadbuck

Mossyoak92, those 2 public hunters did you a favor by sending you on down the road!

MossyOak92

Quote from: deadbuck on May 10, 2022, 10:28:26 AM
Mossyoak92, those 2 public hunters did you a favor by sending you on down the road!
Sure did. I ain't going to lie I did cuss a little bit when I seen the trucks. They need a real job stay off the WMA during the week.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

mountainhunter1

Nice bird, congrats.

This season has been a bit off in Georgia compared to last year, so I totally understand where you are coming from. Happy for you that you got a good one here at the end and it sounds like the kind of hunt that brought a lot of satisfaction.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

eddie234

Congratulations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Cowboy

Congrats. Fine gobbler.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Sixes

Congrats!

And, it seems that no one works in Georgia anymore. No matter the time of day, people seem to be everywhere.

Turkeybutt

Nice bird to end the season.
Congratulations!

ElkTurkMan

Tunaguy

" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx