turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Double Bearded?

Started by Sir-diealot, May 08, 2022, 10:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I have never seen one in person so I am wondering if my eyes are playing tricks on me? The back one seems to have two large beards and the front one seems to have a small second one as well. Am I right? I may try to target the back one, though that is not going to be easy as I can't be mobile in a blind. I cropped the photo to make it easier to see.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Yoteduster

Looks like  ice double beard to m..go for it

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Yoteduster on May 08, 2022, 10:47:51 PM
Looks like  ice double beard to m..go for it
Thanks, I was not sure.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Paulmyr

Looks like a double on the 1st and possible 3 on the strutter? One hung up on that corn stalk below him?
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Zobo

That's either a double or more beard or its a wet paintbrush. Either way I think he's impressive for sure. I think technically there has to be skin in between the beards for multiples. Let's us know when and if you get him. Good luck!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Paulmyr

Maybe that's a ruffled feather im seeing on the 1st one.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Paulmyr on May 08, 2022, 11:15:07 PM
Looks like a double on the 1st and possible 3 on the strutter? One hung up on that corn stalk below him?
Quote from: Paulmyr on May 08, 2022, 11:27:20 PM
Maybe that's a ruffled feather im seeing on the 1st one.
I think that is correct, I bought up the picture full sized and it looks like it is to far back to be a beard and just does not seem like the right shape. I could well be wrong though. I can like a full sized picture but will have to put a separation between the address because the picture is huge as I was shooting maximum resolution in both RAW and Jpeg. Here is the full image you will have to join the address together.

Quote from: Zobo on May 08, 2022, 11:21:38 PM
That's either a double or more beard or its a wet paintbrush. Either way I think he's impressive for sure. I think technically there has to be skin in between the beards for multiples. Let's us know when and if you get him. Good luck!

Thanks I was going to go in the morning but it will have to wait until Tuesday, new landlord needs to come over.

John Koenig:

Gooserbat

Maybe.  Kind hard to be sure unless you shoot him and find out.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

guesswho

I'd guess a definite no on the first one and a probably not on the second one.   I hope you get a chance at either one of them to find out for sure.   Good luck.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Muzzy61

One sure fire way to find out, Good luck .
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Gooserbat on May 09, 2022, 12:55:17 AM
Maybe.  Kind hard to be sure unless you shoot him and find out.
I will try tomorrow. Going to try out that new call I made on them tomorrow.

Quote from: guesswho on May 09, 2022, 07:52:13 AM
I'd guess a definite no on the first one and a probably not on the second one.   I hope you get a chance at either one of them to find out for sure.   Good luck.   
Thanks, me too. I am liking my decision to let the 5 jakes go last year, thinking these could be one of them, no way to tell though.

Quote from: Muzzy61 on May 09, 2022, 09:43:05 AM
One sure fire way to find out, Good luck .
Thank you much.

John Koenig:

Turkeybutt

Kill one or the other tomorrow. Both are nice birds!
Keep us posted

Tom007

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Turkeybutt on May 09, 2022, 10:31:03 AM
Kill one or the other tomorrow. Both are nice birds!
Keep us posted
Sure hope to as well as get some more pictures. I found this picture and zoomed it in really close, looks like it may be one beard that forks out at the end but still hard to tell for sure.

Quote from: Tom007 on May 09, 2022, 01:33:04 PM
Good luck Steve!
Thanks Tom

John Koenig:

Old Timer

Good luck Steve! Your due. Both look like nice birds. Your pictures you take are impressive.