Banning rifles??? YES OR NO

Started by gobb-lemon, June 12, 2011, 10:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banning rifles???  YES OR NO

YES
NO
To EACH his own(don't care)

gobb-lemon

Alot of talk about this, just would like to see how you vote.

Banning rifles??? For TURKEY HUNTING.........  YES , NO OR To EACH his own

TClark

I wouldn't hunt them with a 22 let alone anything larger than that for the reason of safety.
I have a friend that shot one with a 7mm mag....I mean come on already.
Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

chatterbox

longspur

muzzle loading rifles are legal in Ga. You can only hunt hogs with a firearm that is legal for turkeys during turkey season. Let them hog hunters have something to shoot them with. Its pretty disgusting to see  someone actually hunting turks with one. Guess everything has ups and downs

bad0351

Sometimes...all a man has left is his dog.....

outlaw

keep it legal let man hunt with what he wants
Im a good guy !!!

warchickenchaser

davisd9

Even though it is hard to understand, enough people get shot with shotguns turkey hunting let alone a rifle.  I never knew they were allowed in SC.  Glad they were banned here also.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

derek

Ban em!! Always been a little nervous hunting in Virginia just because they're legal. 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

TauntoHawk

my jaw literally dropped when i found out that rifles were actually allowed in some states, its pretty rediculous thought to me. cant be sporting to drop a bird at 80yds plus and theres not really a "my family needs the meat arguement" like there is with deer since you only get 1 maybe 2 meals worth of meat. i understand some "old timers" like the dont mess with tradition and ban anything but for safety reasons as well as management of turkeys it makes sense.

Id be worried to be in the woods and definently wouldnt feel good about using decoys either
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Basser69

Doesn't hunting turkeys with a rifle take all the fun out of it? I can shoot a bird with my shotgun farther than I care to admit

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I would like to rifles in turkey hunting become a thing of the past.

dirt road ninja

If they can be safely utilized why would you want to see any type of hunting outlawed. We as hunters need to stop arguing with ourselves and worry more about our rights as a whole. Our kids and Grandkids might not be allowed to hunt them with shotguns if a lot of the folks in Washinton get their way. Whatever your opinion is get out and vote for pro-gun/hunting politicians.