turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Got my Merriam tail on the wall

Started by sugarray, June 12, 2011, 08:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

Now in 3 years of hunting I have 3/4 species.  Just need a Rio, which I am planning to get next year, if the good Lord is willing.

drenalinld

Looks great. Good luck on the Rio.

Sherrell

Great job and good luck on that Rio!

savduck

thats great. good luck on your rio....dont stop until you gt a super white merriams though.
Georgia Boy

sugarray

Quote from: savduck on June 12, 2011, 10:15:15 PM
thats great. good luck on your rio....dont stop until you gt a super white merriams though.

I'm not going to.  I was pretty disappointed in the coloring of the turkeys we killed there on the Standing Rock Indian Reservation.  It took 2 days just to find trees and turkeys and then they were all lighter, shorter buffs.  The NWTF classifies them as Merriams, so I have mine.   Probably try to get to Nebraska for a pure white one.

lohaus

Those mounts look awesome.  My second one from Standing Rock was pretty dang white.  First one similar coloring.  We got on them the first morning.  Drove to other areas that people told us and didn't see too many.  So basically hit the same spot until tagged out.

n2deer

Good luck on the Rio and it looks good.
I killed my merriam this year to  finish my slam in north Nebraska and it was more  buff colored also. We got 4 all looked similar to all rios I have killed.

Rios seemed the easiest, where you plan to hunt them.

mossy835

Nice like you say it counts. Good luck on your quest.

Mike

Hognutz

Congrats, Ray. They look great. Good luck with the Rio. Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

beagler

Never Misses

WIRE PALADIN

Have gun will travel to your woods to hunt

sugarray

N2deer

My very tentative plan is to meet up with a new friend who is a turkey killing machine to get my Rio.  Maybe in his home state or maybe Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n2deer

I thought texas was a very good place to hunt, my first out of state hunt and maybe the easiest hunting I have done. It was a blast.

Good luck next year.