turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

On the board

Started by Old Timer, May 02, 2022, 04:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

Well after a 2 week battle with the COVID I was questioning my anticipation for hunting the opener. I did not sleep well the night before so I said what the heck get up. I arrived at my spot by dawn. Did not hear a gobble. But heard screech owl, geese, ducks, crows and you name it. I had an adult fisher arrive on the scene, looked at me at me like I was a meal. I moved on had 2 hunters come in from another property walking the line. After a brief introduction I concluded they were true gentlemen and sportsmen and they gave me the room I needed. After a couple more moves on the property I decided my last setup would be close to the truck by an open pine field. I cutt on the glass call an being hearing impaired he sounded a long way off. Well I looked up and there he was about 50 yards out. I gave me some purrs and he broke. The winchester #5 lbxr`s were the ticket. I then gave him a ride home in the old pick up. Good day for the old guy. Thank you Lord. That`s my story and im sticking to it! Thanks for listening.

bigriverbum

a day to be grateful for.

thanks!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tom007

Congrats my friend....
"Solo hunter"

boatpaddle

Congratulations & enjoy the meal(s)..

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

tomstopper

Congratulations

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Yoteduster

chadly

Glad you were able to recover and get out hunting.  Congrats.

Cowboy

What a Blessing! Congrats. Glad you recovered from Illness. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

richard black

Good job and congratulations on getting out there and getting one. Glad you recovered from Covid too.
A true turkey hunter!

zelmo1

Congrats on a truly great day bro

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

OJR

Excellent, Congratulations!!

Turkeybutt

Old Timer congrats on a fine bird and for getting out there and getting it done!

grayfox

Great job Old Timer!