OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2011 Turkey Contest Winners are....

Started by Old Gobbler, June 12, 2011, 10:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

Congrats VooDoo!!!
That 10 bird average score of 71 plus is amazing!

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

RutnNStrutn

bird

As a member of the VooDoo Hunters I would like to thank the members of OG for supporting the site in such a way.  This place is like one big giant family and I for one appreciate what Shannon and Annie have built for us here to enjoy. 

I would also like to say BRAVO to all the OG Members for another successful turkey season.  I have not heard of any safety incidents from our group.  All I have seen are pictures of dead birds and members sharing stories with us all to enjoy.

Thanks goes out to all you OG members!

And until next year.... VooDoo Hunters!  :smiley-char092:

bird

ncturkey

harvester

Congrats Voo Doo hunters, you all had an awesome year.

GSLAM95

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

GSLAM95

Quote from: Old Gobbler on June 12, 2011, 02:42:38 PM

- next year we will go right back to the 12 members / 6 random , 100 posts to be on a full team -Shannon          

Could you elaborate on this 100 post count rule?  I was on Team Widowmakers this year very shortly after becoming a member here.  Why would you show prejudice to a new member who may have less than 100 post?  A newbie to this site may not necessarily mean "dead weight" to a team. :boon:

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

bird

Quote from: GSLAM95 on June 12, 2011, 10:26:00 PM
Quote from: Old Gobbler on June 12, 2011, 02:42:38 PM

- next year we will go right back to the 12 members / 6 random , 100 posts to be on a full team -Shannon          

Could you elaborate on this 100 post count rule?  I was on Team Widowmakers this year very shortly after becoming a member here.  Why would you show prejudice to a new member who may have less than 100 post?  A newbie to this site may not necessarily mean "dead weight" to a team. :boon:

History has proven that a high percentage of members who join the contest with less than 100 post do not contribute to their teams overall score as they sign up and then don't return leaving that team stuck in the hole right from the start of the contest.  We have found that if we put the 100 post rule into effect that this helps eliminate the deadbeats.  100 isn't bad at all.  Heck I wanted to make it 250!

bird

OLE RASPY

A little off track here but i would like to know what is considered a dead beat.Is it people that dont kill a bird or in other words dont contribute to the score or is it people that dont check in with there team often.Or anything else.Thanks ahead of time for a explanation.

bird

Quote from: OLE RASPY on June 12, 2011, 10:39:30 PM
A little off track here but i would like to know what is considered a dead beat.Is it people that dont kill a bird or in other words dont contribute to the score or is it people that dont check in with there team often.Or anything else.Thanks ahead of time for a explanation.

We consider a deadbeat as someone that signs up to be on a team and then is never heard from again.  A one post wonder so to speak.

JVA54

TrkyHntr

He's big enough to ride in my truck!

derek

Congrats Voodoo hunters, excellent season!
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com