turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2011 Turkey Contest Winners are....

Started by Old Gobbler, June 12, 2011, 10:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

A big round of congratulations to Everyone who participated in this years Team Turkey Contest , especially to Team Voodoo again they racked up a mean score and were 25 point lead ahead the next team behind them securing first place- It was very close with the next 6-7 teams anyone of them could have shot a big one and placed them to the front of the pack   

Congrats to team Voodoo !!!

Well guys another turkey season has wrapped up , and with it is the very popular and fun turkey OG contest, participation was through the roof this year !! Regardless of what members came in first place , everyone one was a winner cause lets face it , we did it for the fun of it . the friendship and good times were classic , man you guys killed allot of turkeys !!!!! :newmascot:

This year was a bit of a challenge because of the site crash, we had as a group agreed  on team sizes  of 12 max , with a max of 6 members random assigned to each team, well that went out the window real fast because of the confusion with the registration, reregistration etc we had to bump it up to larger team sizes .. We had to adapt -Next year 2012 we will place it back to the normal 12  with the 6 random ,and have some more enhanced rules to simplify the process.

I years past we developed some guidelines to eliminate the deadbeats that stank up the contest ,towards Xmas we will review the rules for public opinion and input -

-As much as some of us the staff  enjoyed being in the contest some of us may play the coach role next year and play on the sidelines so to devote our time to the forum as a whole

A big thanks to the team captains they all did great -At this time I would like to publicly thank Jay   :you_rock: for all his assistance with the contest ,Jay made this contest happen by keeping me up to date with the events- Me and the staff were stretched real thin , we could hardly keep a eye on the contest and Jay was there for me each time-

Thank you Jay !!!
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

chatterbox

savduck

Georgia Boy

FullChoke

Congratulations to the VOO-DOO CREW!

Cheers  :groupwave:

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Flydown

Congrats VooDoo Hunters. You guys kicked butt again this year.  :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:

VaTuRkStOmPeR

congrats, boys.

ya'll had a great season and put a lot of impressive birds on the ground.

cheers to your success!

Old Gobbler

Congrats and Thank yous to every one!

One more thing guys , please click and copy your banner images  so that if you happen to need them next year for the 2012 contest , that's if you are on that team - Save them up for next season , it will save you the hassle of having to bug people for the graphic -

Each year after the season, we go in and clean out the banners so that clutter and slow page load ups are not so brutally long - If you have ever tried to view OG from a slow connection or a phone you can relate - we want to be fair and respectful to all forum users so that we can all enjoy the site

Time are changing , and the widespread use of "smart phones" is common place , may of out members and viewers visit us each day from work  with slower cell connections , we want to make sure we are fair to them - that's why we clean out the old banners 

And since the 2011 spring season is long over - time to clean them out - This week when you all are afforded the time , please clean out your old 2011 banners to save me from having to do them manually for you  

BTW  who shot the highest scoring typical and non typical gobblers?

Thank you again - Shannon   :icon_thumright:

-Shannon

vaturkey

Congrats to the Voo Doo Boys !!  Hope to get in on the fun next year.

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

OldHen

Congrats ---- I guess  my Chucky banner just wasnt powerful enough this time around! LOL....
Oh well, catcha next year!!

CONGRATS team VOO_DOO

BowBendr

Congrats to the VooDoo team for puttin a whoopin on the birds again this year. Very nice.  :you_rock:

Quote from: Old Gobbler on June 12, 2011, 12:11:06 PMBTW  who shot the highest scoring typical and non typical gobblers?

I gotta throw out a shout out to my boy Derek from the Gods of Thunder. I believe he shot the highest scoring non-typ with a 7 bearded whopper that scored up at 118.375 points....a true beast !!!!!!!!!
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,8912.0.html

The contest was a blast and everybody did a great job making it a success.  :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

turkey slayer

OLE RASPY

CONGRADS VOODOO HUNTERS.YALL DID IT AGAIN THIS YEAR.  :groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave:

Old Gobbler

Here is the runner ups, there was a 25 point lead from the VOODOO guys then the next couple teams were real tight in there

1. VooDoo                           
2. SGA                                 
3. Thunder Chicken Mafia     
4. RDR                                   
5. Full Strut Productions       
6. Team Struttin Tom             
7. Team Osceola                   
8. Eastern Assasins

This year {the 4th annual contest} is more competitive than out first 2 years because of the exclusion of low post members, that  evened out the teams with participation - There was some confusion because of the site crash and we had members reset back to 0 posts and we had to go back in there and try and fix it - next year we will go right back to the 12 members / 6 random , 100 posts to be on a full team -  The probable addition of some rules to streamline the scoring process will be up for consideration--Shannon         

-Shannon

LX_Trkyhntr

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

BOFF

Congrats VooDoo Hunters!! :z-guntootsmiley:

God Bless,
David B.