OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What’s the one call that never gets left?

Started by chbarnha, April 24, 2022, 08:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Quote from: TJR on April 24, 2022, 08:52:22 PM
Billy Bush Beggin Machine

Mr. Bush crafts an incredible longbox.

For me, its a Snodgrass longbox. It goes everywhere. Everything else gets changed around but the longbox is always along.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Paulmyr

Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

kelley91

Primos-----Titan 2000   Titanium Fused Crystal

Marc

Mouth call: Realistic, easy to carry (several), and most versatile call, and the only call that can be used without movement.

A mouth call is the call I practice on the most, and still like using the least though.  I find it far more "fun" to use friction calls, and have enjoyed calling birds in on Scratchers as of late.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

BDeal

I have 3 that are always with me-all pots. Paul Hicks red slate, Paul Hicks glass, and Darin Dawkins Aluminum.

Old Dominion Tom

Halloran purple heart over cedar.  Not my most versatile call, but my most productive.

strutstopper

redleg06

Hooks diaphragm calls - the executioner or Persuader

Turkeyman

Well, two actually. My Billy Bush longbox and my Cody glass.

budtripp

Crystal Mistress and my pouch full of mouth calls.

TalknTurkey

TRG3

My Primos Gobble Shaker tube has brought in many gobblers, especially in the late season when competition for the remaining hens still looking to breed escalates the peck order. They come in mad, so get ready to shoot!

Jroddc

ybuck

zelmo1