only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Grizzly stalking

Started by High plains drifter, April 18, 2022, 05:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

I'm still most concerned with wolves. :drool:

Jimspur

I think your name should be High plains troller.

High plains drifter

Wouldn't you be surprised when a grizzly appears,instead of a turkey? So you book it on out of there fast. This is on private property.

Jimspur

The only problem I see is how many trips it would take to pack him
out in my turkey vest.  ;)

High plains drifter

He'd be packing you out in his stomach.

Yoder409

Quote from: High plains drifter on April 30, 2022, 01:30:20 PM
He'd be packing you out in his stomach.

My money's on Jim..............or anyone else that's contributed to this  :TrainWreck1: of a discussion.  Because, I believe YOU are the only one who'd voluntarily end up as a bear turd.  The REST of us would shoot the dumb thing or die trying.    :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

VA Gobble Addict

Quote from: High plains drifter on April 18, 2022, 11:26:51 PM
I was turkey hunting on the rocky mountain front. I was calling in a bird, when I noticed a grizzly about 500 years away, walking slowly towards me. Luckily my bronco was very close by. I hightailed it to the rig.I thought he may be coming hard, but he disappeared in the buck brush. He was coming to that call I think.
Thumbs down for spelling error
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Zobo

It just keeps getting better.  I'm going out on a limb and giving this crazy thread a thumbs up :toothy12:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Yoder409

Quote from: Zobo on April 30, 2022, 10:05:00 PM
It just keeps getting better.  I'm going out on a limb and giving this crazy thread a thumbs up :toothy12:

I'm giving your thumbs up two thumbs up.     :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Jimspur

The 3 previous posts gave me a good laugh.

High plains drifter

I Realize a bear encounter is very rare, but in Montana it can happen. I will hunt turkey in this area pretty soon because he has killed all the elk, and moved up higher on the mountain. This gobbler is the Biggest bird I've ever seen.He's smart, and lives near a beaver dam.The thing is, this bear enjoys the beaver dam as well.

crow

The dingoes ate my baaby

GobbleNut

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:   :character0029:  This entire thread is a HOOT!  I haven't laughed this hard in a while!  Don't nobody stop now!   :newmascot: 

Zobo

Quote from: High plains drifter on May 02, 2022, 12:20:08 PM
I Realize a bear encounter is very rare, but in Montana it can happen. I will hunt turkey in this area pretty soon because he has killed all the elk, and moved up higher on the mountain. This gobbler is the Biggest bird I've ever seen.He's smart, and lives near a beaver dam.The thing is, this bear enjoys the beaver dam as well.

How about taking some pictures and posting them so we can come along on your adventure
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Yoder409

I'm really, REALLY curious about a grizzly that has "killed all the elk".   Must be awfully fast AND awfully hungry.    ::)
If the elk are all gone...........maybe Super Grizz had some help from the wolves.  OR, the elk moved higher, too.

Hopefully Super Grizz doesn't look down from up there and catch you chasing that big turkey around his beaver dam and get mad...........    :help: 
PA elitist since 1979