OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

killing rattlers

Started by outlaw, June 10, 2011, 11:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

when i see any poison snake i let them alone. until i find somethging to kill them with !!!! ;D ;D
Good things come to those who wait

TnTurk

I will usually leave most snakes alone and let them do their thing. Most snakes except a copperhead. They seem to turn up where they are not supposed to be and when you least expect it. If I find one of those rascals, he'd better draw his last breath because as soon as I can find something his heads a coming off.

outlaw

i do kill   copperheads a 44mag with rat shot works well
Im a good guy !!!

surehuntsalot

I kill every one that I run across     no matter home or in the woods,they die
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

longspur

Never heard of a poisonous snake. thought you could eat any of them if you wanted to. As for killing non-venomous snakes,in most states its aganst the law. the fear of snakes is implanted in most peoples head when they are young, nothing rational about it. I'd rather be bitten by a non-venomous snake any day as finned by a catfish or a little poison ivy or a splinter in my hand. Nobody even thinks twice about things like that. don't get me wrong, I don't care if you kill them. If they bother you kill them, I would. You should have saw the pile of birds under my cherry trees. Wife was having a fit,"you don't like anybody killing snakes and wasps and hornets but you kill the little birds". They were bothering me. Most people kill the rattlers. Its just part of life. Wonder how many people think about the devel when they see a goat?

outlaw

i found ou t today its against thelaw to kill them in virginia but think of the rodent population if they weren't here man fears and destroys what he or she doesn't understands everything has a purpose look what humans did to the passenger pigeon and other species such as the bison the rattler  is even used on a flag that says don't tred on me  that significant in a song country boy
Im a good guy !!!

drenalinld

The biggest problem I have with rattlers is here in central AR they trapped turkeys and traded them to TX for rattlers maybe 20 years ago. It is against the law to kill rattlers here and there are very few turkeys?

GobbleNut

We got rattlers out the yingyang around here.  See them all the time.  ....Been within inches of many in the last forty years,....never had one even take a nip at me.  Their danger is way over-rated....(now watch,...I'll get bit next week!). 

If I find one somewhere where they might be likely to cause a problem for somebody,...or themselves,...then I just get a shovel, scoop them into a five gallon bucket with a lid, and take them way out in the desert and let 'em go. 

Having said all that,...if you are skeerd of 'em enough to feel a need to kill 'em, then go fur'it!

Reloader

One of those bastards killed one of my good dogs two weeks ago. 

KILL THEM ALL!

Cove

Quote from: saint on June 11, 2011, 04:52:21 PM
i know outlaw  pretty well he cathes a lot of snakes he got bit by a black  snake a couple  weeks  ago hes a good guy just a little crazey when it comes to snakes

And you type very much alike. . . .  ::) :you_rock:

But I'm with ya, I don't mess with them and they don't mess with me. Rattlers are my favorite, cottonmouths- least favorite.

socalturkeyman

I almost stepped on one a few days ago in the campground I was staying in and boy did it scare that crap out of me. But he never flinched, I leave them alone untill I get hungry. :toothy12:
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

Jay

There's very few Rattlers, Bears, Mountain Lions left in Iowa.  ;D We take our place in the food chain very seriously.

Shotgun

Quote from: VAHUNTER on June 11, 2011, 05:45:15 PM
when i see any poison snake i let them alone. until i find somethging to kill them with !!!! ;D ;D

x2

otis

:fud:    big or small  i will kill them  all

otis

Preacher

I anit to crazy about them,  but I anit real scared either.
Romans 8:37