OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

killing rattlers

Started by outlaw, June 10, 2011, 11:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outlaw

i dont know what  makes people  kill them they are a  beautiful creature i catch a good  many every year but most guys here turn into the biggest sissys when they  see one and about pee down  there  legs they dont want to bite you got one today 56 inch 13 rattlers  on nort mountain and turned it back tonight ??? :you_rock:
Im a good guy !!!

redarrow

I ain't afraid of them,but I don't like them.Most folks dont like anything that eats turkey eggs.

stone road turkey calls

Do you wear snake chaps? this sissy does, and i will kill all posionis snakes that i come across. Oh and i eat the rattlers, taste like chicken :fud:
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

870BkWht

I can appreciate snakes if I spot them first.  If its the other way around, its a different story.  I just want 1 rattler for my wall. 

MarkJM

I'm not afriad of them. sure i take saftey precautions, that doesnt make me a sissy, it makes me smart. I hunt them and eat them. they are pretty. they also taste pretty dang good.
MuellerCustomCalls

M Sharpe

I kill every one of them on sight. I don't eat them either, I don't care what they taste like. I leave him right where he lays.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

ctwny1

I am in total agreement with M Sharpe.

barry

We eat them as well...delicious!
Got some in the freezer now

WiLL B

I lost my best dog to a rattle snake and almost lost another to a cotton mouth so I kill every one I can around the places I frequent. Will not bother them in a place where I probably will never return. I am a timber cruiser and have a lot of encounters with snakes, I couldn't do my job if I was scared of snakes.

OLE RASPY

You must be a sissy if u think they are a beautiful creature. ;D   I kill every snake i see but i have never ran up on a rattler but i have other various snakes.And yes i think they are out to bite ya.And yes they eat turkey eggs so they need to die.Snakes remind me of the DEVIL.

Ol'Mossy

barry

We also use them to guard our beverage

mossy835

Lets see lost two dogs to NON biting rattlers and almost lost one horse. Had many farm workers leave out of fear of them and had to pick the cantaloupe my self as a kid. I kill every one I see and know if the head is blown off the coyotes and crows will dine well that evening. Sorry they are dangerous as are all poisonous snakes. A dead snake is better than being bitten by one. Sorry no sympathy here for any snake.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

If a poisonous snake is close to a dwelling, I'll kill it in a heartbeat.

That being said, I wear snakeboots to protect myself while I'm in the turkey woods.  My personal thoughts are that ultimately, when I'm in the timber, I'm intruding into the snakes' home.  To me, they're defending themselves and have the right to do so.

I feel no need to kill them and I appreciate the necessary role they play in the ecosystem.

To each their own, though.

saint

i know outlaw  pretty well he cathes a lot of snakes he got bit by a black  snake a couple  weeks  ago hes a good guy just a little crazey when it comes to snakes