turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A terrible way to start the season

Started by aclawrence, April 08, 2022, 10:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

It's not even a terrible start, I didn't even get to start . My season kicks off today and I'm sitting at home. I woke up at 3:00 and got dressed. The truck was packed up and ready to go.  After about two miles down the road my truck started stuttering and the check engine light came on. I turned around and went back home. I've never had any problems like that with my truck and I drove it all around yesterday. I did fill up with gas right before I got home last night so now I'm wondering about that.  I'm blessed to have a good truck and to be physically able to get out and chase turkeys, but man I'm disappointed this morning.  What are the chances?  I've been waiting to go again since May 15 last year and of all mornings for my truck to lay down on me.  Hopefully it will be a quick fix and I'll be back in the game again. Good luck to all of you this weekend and save a few for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

You will prevail, you will be blessed with a nice Tom! Good luck..
"Solo hunter"

btomlin

Sorry about your luck.

My wife would have found a note saying: "I aired up the tires on your bike.  Your car has been stolen." :)

lacire

I haven't been there hunting but I have been there fishing.....make a trip and twice couldn't get the boat motor started. I feel your pain brother.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Sir-diealot

I know what it's like not to have wheels during turkey season, sure hope you got it all figured out. Best of luck the rest of the season.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

blake_08

I hate to hear that. Last year opening morning, I was leaving home way before daylight to go hunting and 10 miles from home, my transmission in my Tundra had a bearing go out. Sent metal all through the transmission and it had to be replaced, to the tune of $4,000. I just left it where it was and called my wife and said bring my other truck and come get me. Swapped all my gear to my other truck and went hunting. I hope it's nothing major for you.

Happy

Sorry to hear that.Stinks to have something you look forward to postponed. Hopefully its just bad fuel. Its a Ford isn't it?

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

dzsmith

Man dang the luck .... I've been there . My truck broke down in central Mexico a few years ago ..... I was alone ... on the side of a highway with no tools a bottle of water, a bag of turkey jerkey, and my turkey vest and clothes . I got lucky and some locals swapped a fuel pump  for me on the side of the road. Needless to say , no turkey for me In Mexico .... Nor will I visit that area ever again. You get one . Good luck , keep your head up.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Jimspur

aclawrence

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I've got my truck back in action. I just put a new ignition coil on it about an hour ago. I had a friend come over with a scanner and it showed a misfire on cylinder 8. I took the coil off and switched it with cylinder 6. Then it showed a misfire on cylinder 6 so I knew we had it figured out then.  Maybe I just wasn't supposed to go hunting today. What crazy timing that was. My brother ended up killing one this morning and had a good hunt. The weather is going to be crappy tomorrow and I'm behind on some projects so I think I'm just going to take the day tomorrow and get caught up. I've got church Sunday so I'll miss the first 3 days. It's ok I have peace about it and I'm going to be there Monday morning waiting on them. I don't get quiet as worked up about it as I used to. I'm not interested in racing to the gate or fighting over spots. I've been waiting all year for this morning and I missed it. Oh well it's not the end of the world. My wife and I were just talking about a family we know where the wife has cancer and they have several kids. It's not looking good for her.  When you see those kind if situations it changes your perspective on what's really important. And turkey hunting is really important to me, but I'm just happy to be alive and healthy, my truck is working, and I've got gobblers to get after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Take the wife's car and get back out there!! LOL!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

tracker vi

Yep , that's what  I thought it would be. buy and extra and carry in your truck. Kill a nice one !!!

lacire

Glad you got it fixed and church is important, I think it's a good decision to enjoy your family this weekend, the turkeys will still be there come Monday.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

tomstopper

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on April 08, 2022, 10:39:02 PM
Take the wife's car and get back out there!! LOL!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly although my wife would be extremely pissed if I put anything dead in her car

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

the Ward

Truck problems stink during hunting season. Bought a new one 2 years ago to have something to drive
i could count on, and it has been in the shop more times than any of my old beaters!