OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First Gobbler of 2022

Started by Cowboy, April 05, 2022, 12:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy

Got in a bunch of different gobblers this morning.  Called in a pair of hard gobbling 2 year olds. Thats my Grandpa's old Remington 1100 that was given to me after he passed away in 2008. Still has his original camo tape on it. I carry it to the woods every Spring.  I own other turkey  guns but always use it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ybuck

special gun, great BIG gobbler too!
congratulations!!

g8rvet

:you_rock:  Congrats.  Doing it with a special gun is extra cool.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Tom007

Congrats, real nice bird, great nostalgic gun too.
"Solo hunter"

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your gobbler!! I love it that you used your grandpa's gun.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

JeffC

Congrats on the Tom and for keeping the memories alive, sure your making your Grandfather happy using his gun.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

tbowers

Good times! If you listen to Doc Chamberlin there is no way to tell how old a bird is beyond a jake- could be 2, could be 12!

mountainhunter1

So cool, especially about using the 1100, my grandfather hunted with the same exact shotgun. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Muzzy61

Congrats and great way to honor his memory.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Haymarket

That's awesome. I have my father in law's 1100. He was a great turkey hunter, but now has dementia and can't go out. His 1100 has weird choke threads that he added to the original barrel, which he called the old style threads. I just can't find tubes that work with them. 

Cottonmouth

Nice bird. Glad to see you put that old gun to use. Keeps memories alive. I have an old sweet 16 I put to use from time to time and it brings back memories.

Chief Razor

Well done. Im sure it means even more using a heirloom gun like that. Congrats

joey46

Turkeybutt

Congrats! Great bird and a very special shotgun! I'm sure it was a fantastic hunt knowing you wear carrying that gun!

Turkeybutt

Were carrying that gun! Sorry for the typo!