OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Drill/Tap M2 for Scalarworks mount?

Started by Ridge Rooster, March 30, 2022, 05:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridge Rooster

Anybody had their M2's Drilled/Tapped for a Scalarworks mount? Any problems and who did it for you?

Thanks
RidgeRooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

ltprod

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Ward

I thought M2's came drilled and tapped from the factory?

Prohunter3509

Ridge Rooster

I hear that the tactical models do but mine sure didn't.

Ridge Rooster

the Ward

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on March 30, 2022, 11:32:13 AM
I hear that the tactical models do but mine sure didn't.

Ridge Rooster
Did not know that.I just assumed they all did. Good info to have!

mrlongbeard

I have drilled and tapped both my Benelli M2's for the Scalarworks sync mount. Zero issues

Ridge Rooster

Do it yourself or send it to someone?

Thanks
Ridge Rooster

SumToy

drill and tap it you will thank we down the road. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

PEPPERHEAD

I did my own. It isn't as hard as you think. It took 20 minutes. 

Ridge Rooster

Apprehensive about doing it myself. Lol Being a Benelli I just would feel more comfortable having an expert do it.

Thanks
Ridge Rooster

ShortMagFan

Quote from: mrlongbeard on April 01, 2022, 04:25:10 PM
I have drilled and tapped both my Benelli M2's for the Scalarworks sync mount. Zero issues

Yep I've had local gunsmith d&t 2 m2s. No issues

I've got the scalaworks mount and trijicon sro on one of them. It's a slick setup. That said I'm not sure it gets me much more than a ff3 with a Sumtoy base

Ridge Rooster

I have installed a couple Scalarworks on 2 Mossbergs and a Benelli Super Nova Steady Grip gun. Both seemed to have plenty of thickness for a good amount of the forward screw to torque down properly. I guess that the M@ receiver is plenty thick for the front screw on the mount?

Ridge Rooster

Ridge Rooster

Bought a Scalarworks for my M! Super 90. I took it out of package yesterday and noticed that the Super 90 has a notch/groove in receiver that runs the full length of the receiver, and appears that the mount will not fit flush on top of the gun? Looks like there would be space underneath the mount??

Ridge Rooster

Ridge Rooster

Started this thread thinking I had bought an M2 but it turned out to be an M1 Super 90. It has a grooved section on top of receiver so it dosnt look like it will sit properly on the receiver? Anyone else run into this?

Ridge Rooster