turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What they say is true

Started by strum, March 28, 2022, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strum

I just got a trumpet from Brain Mero a few weeks ago. Being my first I practiced a lot and still have some work.
  I called in a gobbler from so far away im not even sue the distance. thinking 300-400 yards if thats possible .. Told my buddy " this is asking a lot out of a gobbler"
Took 2 hours but he showed. actually so close my friend could not get a shot and he walked out of our life.  Thats another story but Im very amazed that the gobbler could even hear me. and answered me that far away. I wasnt even loud with it just trying to sound like a hen best I could. Im hooked

2nd 100

I am sure a gobbler can hear a trumpet farther than any other call I run and have called them with a mouth call well in excess of 800 yds  in south Ga . That's thru the woods and across 2 dirt roads . In the big open cowpsatures of south Florida  I've had them answer and come in excess of 1,000 yds  to a mouth call.  And I have no qualms that a trumpet would've  made them come farther than that .
And saying they reach out is saying something  because I run a tube call religiously !

West Augusta

I agree with 2nd 100.  400 yards is nothing for a turkey to hear.   Especially a trumpet.  They cut the wind like nothing else.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

gergg

I had 2 birds come from several ridges away last year, not sure how far, but it was a long way. I was cutting on the trumpet mid-morning, could barely hear them at first, but they high-tailed it up and over-x2 in a hurry. I am guessing they heard the call and were calling back before I could even hear them.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls