turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

‘Unbelievable’

Started by Ridge, March 20, 2022, 10:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridge

Justin Hogan is an absolute clown. This  has to stop. The kill at all costs attitude has gotten out of hand. I'm not sure what's more unbelievable, the fact that he called the shot unbelievable, the fact that he claimed to misjudge the yardage, or the fact that he then chose to brag about it to the world. The only thing he 'misjudged' was the gun he pulled out of the safe that morning. He had to think he had a rifle in his hand right?

https://imgur.com/a/Rns4XpJ

Wigsplitter

I agree- bad decision on his part to put this out in my book- not what needs to be going out to the turkey hunting world!

WV Ridge Reaper

Gotta get dem likes and thumbs up..It's a wonder he hasn't posted it here yet maybe the guy finally got the hint he wasn't wanted here..These are the people that make me love hunting alone and far away from.

It's one thing to misjudge the yards but you don't have to bloat about it..but then again 9 out of 10 people won't misjudge 20 yards..Further more when you say let's see what these high dollar shells are all about..you didn't miss judge you took a shot that you had no ideal what was gonna do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zobo

With all the information at the tip of your fingers,  everyone's an instant expert these days. My advice to newer, younger hunters: STOP watching other people hunt. It'll ruin things for you.
     Learn by doing...out in the field, on the edges of the forest, in the silence of the swamp. It should take you a long, long time to become a true expert, don't try to rush the process. The process is where you fall in love. Don't deny yourself that.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Jimspur

Pretty sad. Welcome to the new breed of turkey hunter.

kytrkyhntr

The commentary certainly didn't help. I've made that mistake before and it work and I've made it and it cost me. I think he's going to have a hard time explaining a "yardage mistake" to each there own.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

richard black

Nobody 'misjudges' yardage by that much. There are too many that are only concerned with the kill, and not learning the ethics and woodsmanship involved in true hunting. It's very sad when individuals are proud of misjudging distances. The fortunate thing is that those birds died in the video. But the damage it causes to a magnificent bird by wounding it at those distances and it escapes is sad indeed.

squidd

We've all made some sort of mistake and will trust those who added another click to video????

Jimspur

I just got done watching the video and reading the comments. The one
guy said in the video that he thought they were at 65 yards.
Justin said in the comments that he thought they were 55-60 yards.
He said in the video, "I say one of you is gonna have to raise up and take
a prayer shot." He also said "We gonna have to see what them high-dollar
shells are made of."
When you're talking about "prayer shots", you know you're doing
something that's stretching the boundaries of ethics.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I saw a hunting show I won't name bragging about killing gobs at 50 yards with a 410. It's to be expected that people are shooting 80 and 90 yards with a 12 or 10 ga. TSS, IMO, should be outlawed in 12 and 10 ga.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

guesswho

Never heard of the guy, and after reading all of this I sure won't take the time to look him up. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Ridge

I will add that I cannot comment on his commentary in the video as I did not actually watch it. I refuse to give this guy another 'view' and saw all I needed. I intentionally posted a screenshot and not a link to the video for that very reason.

Yoder409

Quote from: guesswho on March 20, 2022, 01:46:10 PM
Never heard of the guy, and after reading all of this I sure won't take the time to look him up.

X2

That's the kinda jack wagon I'd never even drink a beer with............let alone hunt with.   If you suck THAT bad at judging yardage....either carry a rangefinder or quit hunting.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Turkeyfever

This style of turkey hunting makes my stomach turn, how did he misjudge anything? You hear them guessing yardage the only numbers thrown out are 55 and 65 yards. " Take a prayer shot" there was no misjudged yardage in my opinion they knew what they were doing. Maybe if you don't have your decoys out and quit calling so much the birds come down the point looking for you? If not ,here is better thought you simply have enough respect for what your hunting to let it walk off reposition and try again later or another day. Understand clearly TSS had nothing to do with this in my opinion, this is totally on grown men who couldn't stand the thought of letting a couple gobblers get away and made the decision to take a shot at a terrible distance.

falltoms

Never heard of the guy. But then again I don't watch any videos of the kind. But I do know, all the thumbs up or whatever people do to say they like it, boost's his ego and people like his type. And they have to thrive on the attention they get to keep their conscience (if they have any) from bugging them.
Because they know deep down they suck at turkey hunting