OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Grandson shot His Rossi Tuffy Turkey today.

Started by bcuda, March 19, 2022, 04:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcuda

Took out my Grandson to shoot His Rossi Tuffy Turkey for the very first time today and pattern it for Him.
This is a pattern at 40 yards with a Carlson TSS choke and Apex Turkey TSS #9 shot (shell has 282 pellets total) .
Just wondering about the pattern for a 410 at 40 yards what are your opinions?
Here is a pic of my Grandson and His Tuffy Turkey and his target.

Tom007

Looks good, and with that smile, he's ready........
"Solo hunter"

Vintage

bcuda

Quote from: warrent423 on March 19, 2022, 06:22:19 PM
Anyone who would let a "youth" shoot at a Gobbler at 40yrds with a single shot 410 shotgun has their head up their , regardless of pattern on paper ;)

I don't remember saying we were going to do that.
Thank you very much for your very kind post.
It's easy to be a bully on the internet isint it.

ChesterCopperpot

That smile is everything! Share a picture when he hammers one this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobk

Looks like a good pattern. Great to see the big smile on the young man.

WildTigerTrout

Good for him.  As previously stated the smile says it all.  I would say he is ready to hammer one.  Great job Grandpa, boys like him are the future of the sport.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

owlhoot

Great job. Good luck this season. He is ready to take the shot.

joey46

Dead bird - the 410, properly choked and patterned, is no longer a handicap when shooting TSS.  I'll do a post later but this morning my hunting buddy and I shot a "buddy double".  He used his old standby 12 GA with #6 Hevi.  I used my 410 with Apex Ninja 9 1/2 TSS.  Both birds died quickly almost side by side.  Good luck this season.

Aaron Johnson

bcuda,  that's awesome.  I'd let him send one at 40 yards any day!   Great job!   As for warrant423, I let my 6yr old son hammer his 3 bird Georgia limit last season with a single shot 410 #9 tss Boss shell, and all 3 birds were about 40 yards.  Nothing but smiles, high fives and dead turkeys.  Keep up the good work bcuda and keep those kids out there !!!

RiverBuck

I see the making of lifelong memories from treasures found in the woods.

Flatbottomarky

Looks like he's ready to go.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk

Cottonmouth

WAGinVA

Pattern looks good but i would suggest it maybe a little high.  I would lower the POI slightly and be sure to shoot a pattern at 20 yards.  Good luck with your grandson, mine has a couple of years before he will be ready

30_06

Looks good. Good luck out there!

Esse quam videri