OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cody calls for trade

Started by Sixes, March 18, 2022, 12:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wchadw

Quote from: afhunter1 on March 23, 2022, 09:46:05 PM
Did Cody go out of business?   My main call for last few years has been a cody legend and it is a meat call, like no other call I've used.   Prob wouldn't sell mine even if I could get 5k.   Got a lot of marks on it that mean more than money.
I think their building burned down or something. Heard they are trying to get back up and running but not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedge7767

I have a Cody II I would sell for only 500. Lol
Jim

Tom007

Once Cody comes back on line, they will drop right back to $250....imo
"Solo hunter"

fishr64

Yes, they're working on a new shop. Not sure why they left the old shop, but it sounded like the new shop is taking longer to complete than expected. I recently stopped at a shop close to them and that's what they said, so not straight from Cody.

Not sure how someone is justifying the price on that Spec I Legend. Apparently pleading insanity.?.?

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Sixes on March 23, 2022, 09:30:15 PM
I'm thinking someone will pull their bid or just not pay.

If they do pay 3000+ for a call, then Ebay is going to be flooded with Cody calls.
There is no way that is a legitimate bid of $3k. Someone must've placed a $305 bid with an extra zero and the seller used a proxy account to run it up to the top or something.

roosterstraw

Quote from: HookedonHooks on March 24, 2022, 07:54:12 AM

If they do pay 3000+ for a call, then Ebay is going to be flooded with Cody calls.
There is no way that is a legitimate bid of $3k. Someone must've placed a $305 bid with an extra zero and the seller used a proxy account to run it up to the top or something.
That's what I thought too at first but the bid was $750 before it went to 3k.

JLCcalls

I'm the seller of that call and I've done no such thing!   I'm as shocked as you guys are but I would never do a thing like that.   

Tom007

Something is fishy, seems unreal....
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: JLCcalls on March 24, 2022, 08:46:46 AM

I'm the seller of that call and I've done no such thing!   I'm as shocked as you guys are but I would never do a thing like that.

I don't think anyone implied you did something wrong. It seems like a buyer may have plugged in a wrong price. If not, congrats my friend. Could be a new world record price for a pot call.
"Solo hunter"

HookedonHooks

There has been some absolutely ridiculous prices fetched on turkey gear the last few weeks. In this case, I'll retract my statement and hope that the buyer actually pays up!

Tom007

Yea, the seller can take a nice Guided Oscellated hunt in the Yucatán for those bucks.   :z-winnersmiley:
"Solo hunter"

afhunter1

I sell a lot on ebay and sellers can't see how much someone bids and all bids are auto rebid until they hit the maximum amount.  I wouldn't call the seller shady because he has no way to know.  It would be a very unfair system if he did.

Dazzler

I've given up on trying to figure out people and their spending on eBay. They regularly spend more than retail price on stuff.

Sixes

My apology if you thought I was accusing you of something, I was not, my comment was that I thought it was a misclick by the buyer and would be retracted.

Maybe I will be wrong and you will get paid.

I might cry a little, but I'm still fine with the trade I made

ChesterCopperpot

If it's not a mistake and it sells for that the new owner ought to just leave the call and the shotgun at the house and ugly them birds to death. Anybody that crazy's got to have one mean stink eye.