OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old Geezer Osceola

Started by joey46, March 12, 2022, 05:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

Me not the Osceola.  Had the opportunity to hunt a very limited Florida WMA that is almost out my back door.  Able to scout it multiple times.  The scouting paid off.  Walked in one plus miles to an area and spot I had previously selected.  Heard two distant gobbles about 7:45,  I called a little and my hunting buddy called a little.  As they often do all of a sudden there he was aggressively approaching my Funky Chicken decoy.  Funky was working solo.  Dropped him at 16 steps with my 12 ga 870 loaded with 8 1/2 Apex Ninja.  The walk out was in 82 degree Florida weather.  Carrying a 17# bird, chair, and other assorted paraphernalia was a hoot.  We made it.  Fun day.

btodd00

Nice bird! I don't know what it is about those funky chickens but my dad has good luck with them to

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

HookedonHooks

Gotta love it when a good plan comes together. Congrats.

Yoder409

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

eddie234

Congratulations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ferocious calls

JeffC

Great job sir, thank you for sharing. Still a month away for me, love seeing everyone getting out early.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

richard black

Congratulations on a very nice bird! Scouting pays off for sure. Our season in Michigan doesn't start for another 5 weeks and it's 14 here this morning.

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

MossyOak92

Good looking bird!

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Happy

Congrats. Glad you are still getting after them.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

dirtnap

bobk