OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What are you carrying on opening day?

Started by MossyOak92, March 10, 2022, 10:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MossyOak92

What calls are y'all putting in the vest for opening day?
I'm taking a Bob Buckner adjustable, Richard Hudson hen box, and a mouth call I made.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

Halloran crystal mistress with 4 strikers and 3-5 mouth calls, a friend of mine make all my mouth calls.

cracker4112

I'll have a couple mouth calls, and a Lonnie Mabry box and aluminum pot. Oh wait opener was last week!

MossyOak92

Quote from: cracker4112 on March 10, 2022, 10:58:37 PM
I'll have a couple mouth calls, and a Lonnie Mabry box and aluminum pot. Oh wait opener was last week!
I wish I could chase one now. Going to have to wait until April 1st to get after them.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Just a variety of different calls.. boxes, pots, small trumpet, push pin and a couple of mouth calls .. alone with the other necessary essentials ..

Zobo

Right now I'm thinking I'm gonna go with: last seasons very productive S&S purpleheart over mineral poplar shortbox, a great Scott Basehore yellowheart over mahogany longbox, a very consistent Dustin Jones crystal over cherry walnut pot, my sentimental favorite Randy Clark "small talk" slate square-pot, and a Lewis Stowe ironwood trumpet around my neck....but that could definitely change tomorrow  :cowboy:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Sanders153

Two Daybreak pots ( one ceramic and one slate ) / hustlin hen box / couple of lost lake mouth calls / custom Harrison hootn stick

PoolGobbler

DH crystal mistress, derby city slate, SS short box. Can't come soon enough!

Prohunter3509

1 mouth call
I Lonnie snead hot hen
And 1 trumpet

ChesterCopperpot

Buster Halford persimmon green slate. Brad Roberts glass. Peck Martin Cherry Bomb. Toss up between an AGE osage X trumpet or a ringed gidgee Greg Gwaltney made me, a Permar improved Jordan, and a Gooserbat Soul Sister. Three pots, two yelpers, and a mouth call. As far as guns, probably tote the CZ 1012 on the opener and shoot him with a load of Apex Ninjees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richard black

Carrying 1 AGE abw trumpet, 1 Gaskins scratchbox, 1 mouth call. Less is more and that's all I need.

rstewart8706

A scratch and dent box call I got from Gooserbat, a walnut 25th anniversary Super Yelper scratchbox call, my trusty Primos limbhanger mouth call and a no-named slate call that I inherited from my dad.

davisd9

Brazilian Rosewood Mark Prudhomme and Kenny Pedelahore trumpet and either a 5.5" or 6" Buice Osage.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

GobbleNut

I generally carry 12-20 or so mouth calls, a couple of slate-surface pot calls, a handful of strikers, and a tube call.  I occasionally carry a box call just to have some added weight to lug around...   ;D

ChesterCopperpot

Old timers popping in like, "Son, I bubble cluck and fly down cackle on a laurel leaf I pluck off the trail morning of."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk