OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anthony Ellis & Spitten and Drummen

Started by Yelper, March 10, 2022, 07:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yelper

Heads up the pics below are kinda graphic!!!

I have thought all afternoon as to whether or not to share my story of the past 2 weeks. After receiving this fantastic trumpet today, I just couldn't let this act of kindness go unnoticed. It all started on Friday Feb 25th 2022. I had a funny sensation in my left arm and left side of my face that morning but shook off the first event as maybe just slept on my side wrong. But the third time it happened was Friday night, so went to the hospital thinking stroke. Well, after many hours and cat scans and MRI they found a tumor on my brain right between my right and left brain lobes, 3 inches long and a inch wide and inch deep. After many more tests on my heart and carotid arteries looking for possible blood vessel blockage the neurologist was 100% confident the tumor was causing the seizure-like activity and I was scheduled for urgent tumor surgery removal on Monday morning Feb 29th with the neurosurgeon which by the way turned out to be a super guy. The surgery was successful and I am improving everyday.

So I had been talking with Anthony Ellis for weeks about getting a trumpet and got on his list but continued to talk about trumpets, and had just talked with him the Thursday before the seizures. So Spitten and Drummen (Jody) reached out to Anthony and talked to him about me and what had happened and my wanting to get a trumpet. Jody asked Anthony what trumpets I had on order and Anthony didn't hesitate to build me one on my order and I received it today, African Blackwood Trumpet.

I may miss all of my season, or might get one hunt in before the end of the season, not sure yet since the Neurologist said I cannot drive for 5 weeks from the date of the surgery.  On a week by week basis for now.

So, I want to thank both Spitten and Drummen for his friendship and Anthony Ellis for what they did to cheer me up at this time in my life when all seemed lost a week ago.

Yelper

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2n7S5uA]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2n7S5uv]

davisd9

You are in my sprayer and it is amazing what people in our lives will do for us in a hard time. You are blessed to have a friend like Jody.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

packmule

Wow! Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Great gesture by AGE and S&D.

gobblers roost

God speed!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

ChesterCopperpot

Anthony's as good as they come. Ain't many making calls on that level but there's most certainly not many kind as him. That yelper will most surely be a killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris O

Sorry to hear of your tumor, and a great gesture from Anthony and Jody. I hope you get a chance to hunt that pretty trumpet!!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery

sbbow

Hoping you have a speedy recovery an a very nice gesture on both parts we'll done guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gobbler428

Anthony is a great call maker and a great guy. Please know that you are in our prayers and wish you a speedy recovery.  Hope you make it to the woods for the upcoming turkey season with that awesome new call.

ltprod

Sixes

Glad to hear you are doing well and congrats on a great trumpet and a couple of great friends.

3bailey3

Tom007

Wow, prayers to you and your family, and god bless Jody and Anthony for raising your spirit in this tough time. We are all pulling for you my friend, god speed to a fast recovery......

Tom
"Solo hunter"

gergg

Wish you the best, prayers sent......Jody and Anthony are great guys, there really is so much goodness in this world.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Spurtaker

Anthony is a super guy. It's those people that actually define call builders to me. It's more than just making a call. It's making a friend, a customer, and an example of how we need to be. Yes I'm on Anthony's list but I'll gladly bump down a spot or two for these situations.

Continuing to pray for swift recovery and healing. Jody is great also for helping out.

Just wait. He's coming!

Jbird22

Yelper, sorry to hear about your recent health issues. Hope you make a full and speedy recovery! I'm also happy to read of the gestures of good folks these days!