OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Laser pointer for 12 Ga 870

Started by Ches., March 10, 2022, 01:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ches.

I always thought my 870 was off so this winter I bought a laser pointer shell just for fun. I have those fiber optic sights that attach to the front and back of my rail. It showed I was off high about 6" at 10 yards (in the house). I clocked the shell in 4 equal 90 dec. movements with same result. I decided to remove my rear fiber optic sight and dot moved right onto target. Last weekend it got warmer so I took it out where I could shoot. I took first shot at 7-8 yards just to see where center of load would go. Just a tad low. Then went back to 40 yards with #5 Turkey load. Aimed at head of Turkey target and the neck took the center of the shot pattern. I feel good about this and so glad I picked up the laser pointer. Yes, I know. It is not needed I could have done it all by just shooting. But with the cold and the price of shells (if you can find them), I think it was a good addition for $12. Nice toy if nothing else.
Ches.

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Ches.

I sure was amazed at how far the gun was off. I bet this laser pointer saved me close to a box of shells. I know it is no substitution for pattering, but sure gave me a head start in the right direction. I bought the gun from a buddy who said he could not hit a thing with it. I guess I know now why.
Ches.