OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gun wraps

Started by RiverRoost, March 10, 2022, 09:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

How durable are the gun wraps from mossy oak? And do they fit pretty good and not a bunch of wrinkled up corners? Looking to do an 870

RED NECK

It all depends on how you install it,I have had my .50 cal tc wrapped in treestand for 7 years and Its in same shape it was the day I installed it.

If you take your time,It will hold up,I have done 10-12, I also used other brands, stick with the Mossy oak wrap,they are top quality. I would use a sharp knife and a hair dryer.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

the Ward

They hold up and look great.I think they have a 5 year warranty  on finish, don't remember now exactly.Fit is good, use a hair dryer or heat gun and you won't get wrinkles. The only drawback is they can be a little slippery grip wise. I had them on my bps 10 and liked them.

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Tom007

They work excellent, if done right with heat, it looks dipped.
"Solo hunter"

eddie234

Take your time, take your gun apart or at least loosen part up so you can tuck the corners under. Use a heat gun. It was about an hour or so process. They have a YouTube instructional video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Ches.

Eddie, that looks great. You got me thinking.

jmart241

Looks really nice Eddie

Coop1287

I did this one last year. There's no comparison to getting it dipped but for $20 it'll do. I talked with the owner of Stealth Strips about doing a gun with his product and he actually has done his that way. Seems like it would make a cleaner look and be a little more durable. Definitely use a heat gun/hair dryer and have some patience. An Exacto knife with new blades also helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkTurkMan

So far so good on mine.  This is my 10 GA Turkey Rig I did in Mossy Oak Wraps. The barrel was factory painted, but the stock and the wood forend I wrapped.