News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite turkey hunting picture

Started by JohnSouth22, March 09, 2022, 12:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainhunter1

Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on March 12, 2022, 03:03:04 PM
A pic of my Dad when he went on his first turkey hunt.  He never got a chance at a bird but he only went a few times only because
his boys were getting into it.

I bet he could handle that gun if the opportunity had presented itself. I've been watching Toxey Hass from Mossy Oak take his father hunting the past few years and is pretty special. I think Mr. Fox Hass is on year number 72 or 73 in the turkey woods and has killed turkeys every single season. Seeing the picture of your Father brings back a lot of memories of days in the woods with my family and I would give a pretty penny to be able to spend another day with my Father and Grandfather in the woods chasing critters. Those were the days and life was so much simpler.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

EastKyGobblerSlayer

My first one, that Ashby gobbler box is still in his vest every spring. Fella taught me how to play the game and in the process taught me alot about life. I think I was 14 there. Last year I called him one to the gun and he said it was the first one anyone aside from himself had called for him. I didnt even fill a tag(close many times) but it was a successful season anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sanders153

One of my turkey spots around home.. this is also one of my favorite places to sit and pray, when time allows to stay for a while

justin.arps

My son and I with my daughter on her last youth hunt. I've hunted with my wife and kids forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justin.arps

My wife 8.5 months pregnant and still chasing them.

justin.arps

My sons first bird he worked by himself.

justin.arps

My son & I pulled A double on opening weekend last year. Had them at 6 yards behind us, they looped around and gave us our shot at 18yds. Turkey hunting has brought me so much joy and so many special memories I hold near and dear.love seeing others happy and successful memories!

ArMtnHntr

One I'll never forget.  I scouted this bird for 5 days before youth season started.  He was consistent but was roosting 75yds from one the the most heavily trafficked national forest roads in the area. 
Clark and I set up super early and I cringed every time I heard a truck drive by.   He put on a show for us and I watched Clark shoot him at 25 yds about 45 min after fly down.  I don't think I've ever wanted
a gobbler to stop gobbling so bad in my life.

Cowboy

Here's another favorite.  Her first gobbler. She was 11 years old at the time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3bailey3

Sir-diealot

I envy you guys with the family pictures, only went deer hunting once with my father and that did not turn out well, hyperactive kid in the woods that can't keep his mouth shut or sit still is not good for hunting. I am still glad I had that one time with Dad though. You guys have no idea how much I wish I had that family heritage of hunting like you do, cherish it, love it and soak it in, one day you may no longer be able to do it with them and you will wish you would have paid more attention to the little things. I am the lone hunter in my family and the only turkey hunter among my group of friends so I also envy those of you making memories with your friends as well, you guys will have some great stories to share together when you get older and with your kids.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

ncturkey

Cottonmouth

tomstopper

My daughter Sophia's first gobbler (hopefully in a couple weeks, I will have a tie as my youngest daughter is going out for the first time)

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Hoosier2

My old man after I got to call him in a beautiful eastern after about 8 years of him not harvesting a bird. I decided I would set out mg 2020 season to get him a bird. Best part was it was only a few hundred yards from our pickup. A memory I will never forget because of a man that instilled such a passion for these birds. I had a canvass done of this photo for the huntin room and it brings a smile to my face every time.