turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite turkey hunting picture

Started by JohnSouth22, March 09, 2022, 12:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

I don't really have a favorite picture, so I'll post a few of my favorites.
My SC double (back when it was legal). 2 longbeards with one shot.
Last day of a FLA WMA hunt when I got a nice Osceola that came in on a string. Biked in and out several miles every day.
My Ohio gobbler with an almost 14" long beard, after a pellet severed multiple strands of beard. Worked this bird from fly down til I killed him with 10 minutes to go to the end of shooting hours.
My NW Nebraska Merriams gobbler.
My Royal Slam Mexico Goulds gobbler on a hunt in beautiful and rugged mountain country.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

aclawrence

Here's a funny picture of my son whose front teeth had fallen out. He got his feet wet and was so cold that he just curled up in his chair. He told me to shoot it so I quickly did. This was a big ole triple bearded Tennessee gobbler that weighed 21lbs 15oz.  I think he would have been just as excited if it had been a Jake. Also I bought him some muck boots right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowboy

Here is another favorite of mine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mossberg90MN

One of my fav photos...

pdaugherty

Nothing like that Spanish moss in the sunshine

VaBoy

Youngest first one and one from last year plus a bonus

backforty

Kansas Rio with sunrise in the background

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Print by Madison, on Flickr

Bennett

This was one of the last times my grandfather was able to get outside before passing away at the age of 97 in 2017

tjstinson13

Best friend and I on a veterans hunt for osceola turkey down in Florida.  Hunt of a lifetime and couldn't have had a better friend to experience it with. Btw - my dad had always wanted to hunt Osceolas and never got the chance to.  I harvested this bird with his gun and could hear his voice telling me to aim small and miss small

My buddy's first turkey and I killed a Jake in a tribute with my dads gun after my dad had passed away.

My daughter with her first turkey that came in gobbling and strutting

My son with his first turkey.  A group of 6 jakes came into our setup and he said dad, I can't stop shaking.

My dad and I.  My first bird, too. 

tjstinson13

My uncle and I with our turkeys.  This was the last year he was able to turkey hunt before he passed away. 

Last, I really like this stone fence and thought it would be a great picture. 

zelmo1

Hands down, best day of my life. You can't count births of children etc.

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Treerooster on March 09, 2022, 05:51:21 PM
Got a bunch of pics that are pretty special to me but this one may be the best. Its my avatar pic.

The DNR was doing a 3 year study in an area I hunt and banding turkeys as part of it. For 7 seasons I was hoping to get a banded turkey without luck. By the 8th season I figured I was out of luck...the youngest a turkey could be that was banded would be 6 years old.

I had 2 tags for the area that year and killed a banded turkey on my 1st tag. He was 6 years old. Then a couple of weeks later I got another turkey and to my amazement he was also banded. This old boy was 7 years old! I think his spur was deformed a bit by the band. You can see it grows somewhat down instead of up and has a little bump in it.

Wow, turkeys that old are a special kind of trophy. No doubt you had to be on your A game to tag those bruisers. Thanks for sharing.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

outdoorsmen

Son's first bird

Great Great grandfather

ElkTurkMan

Here's one of mine form opening day Kentucky 2017

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

A pic of my Dad when he went on his first turkey hunt.  He never got a chance at a bird but he only went a few times only because
his boys were getting into it.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny