OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite turkey hunting picture

Started by JohnSouth22, March 09, 2022, 12:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnSouth22

Haven't seen this thread yet this year, but let's see everyone's favorite turkey picture they have as everyone is getting fired up for the season. Mine is from May 2020 season. Let's see them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reflexl

guesswho

My favorite actually consists of two pictures.  I call it Full Circle.  One picture is of my first longbeard that my Dad helped me kill, the next picture is of a longbeard I helped my Dad kill forty years later.  This is about as good as it gets for me.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

3bailey3

ChesterCopperpot

That's awesome [mention]guesswho [/mention]!

Ross R

My son got his first bird on a public land hunt.  That was a big moment for me. 

ChesterCopperpot

Probably this one for me and it's not my bird. Real memorable Osceola hunt, though, two years ago on what turned out to be the week before COVID changed the world. Was reminded of the timing of that hunt the other day and just can't think of anybody else I'd have rather been tromping around the woods with or anything else I'd have rather been doing at that moment knowing how things would go soon after.

3bailey3

David that the bird you wrote the article in GaG?

MK M GOBL

This has been my favorite, SO many memories in this one picture but there are a lot of them!

MK M GOBL

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: 3bailey3 on March 09, 2022, 02:27:15 PM
David that the bird you wrote the article in GaG?
That's the one Raymond killed. That mouthy old hen was still toting the ones I was chasing all through the orange groves I never stood a chance!

Sir-diealot

It is not the best picture but means a lot to me. After my last car accident I did not think I would ever hunt again, after 17 years I was able to get back into the woods on my own with the help of some medication for the pain and while there I snapped this picture on my junky cell phone to let my GF know I had made it there alright. It was my first day back and an emotional one.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

My brother and I got our Osceola's together. It was a special day, special photo memory.
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 09, 2022, 02:50:21 PM
It is not the best picture but means a lot to me. After my last car accident I did not think I would ever hunt again, after 17 years I was able to get back into the woods on my own with the help of some medication for the pain and while there I snapped this picture on my junky cell phone to let my GF know I had made it there alright. It was my first day back and an emotional one.

Great story, congrats.....
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on March 09, 2022, 02:56:11 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 09, 2022, 02:50:21 PM

Great story, congrats.....
Thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

3bailey3

This is a old county store that was on the first hunting club I was in, after I had taken the bird and was driving back to the camp house I thought it would make a good pic.