OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Primos Ol Glory - Frictionite

Started by PoolGobbler, March 03, 2022, 12:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoolGobbler

Recently came across an older Primos Ol Glory w/ Frictionite. Although the call was slightly used, I was super excited to receive it as I used to have another one but lost it in the woods...

After trying 10+ strikers on it, it sounds absolutely horrible. Any tips or tricks for conditioning the Frictionite surface? Thanks for the help!

rakkin6

I have 2 of these calls and love them. I killed my first turkey with one and bought a backup, this was maybe 10 years ago. I am the only owner of both calls and all I have to do with mine is hit it with a green scotch Brite occasionally. If this doesn't work maybe try a maroon scotch Brite. Green is 600 grit and maroon if I am not mistaken is 320 grit. They also make a brown pad that is 240 grit.

Also Frictionite is just ceramic/sla-tek so you can also try an alcohol wipe and this may be the cure.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

GobbleGitr

Wonder if the surface adhesive isn't holding, have that had that happen with one of those before, and surface needed to be reglued-that is if you can get it out, would talk to a callmaker about that

PoolGobbler

Update - it ended up being the playing surface not being glued down completely. Microwaved the call for 20ish seconds to loosen up the remaining glue, used a small flathead to pry the Frictionite off. Cleaned the excess and glued the surface back, pinned with some vices. 24h later and it's working and sounding like new  :z-winnersmiley:

GobbleGitr

Perfect! Was thinking that might be it...like how you solved the problem!

jmart241

PoolGobbler

Quote from: jmart241 on March 08, 2022, 07:46:38 PM
What kind of glue did you use

I used clear gorilla glue because it's the only adhesive I had laying around. Seemed to work well! No issues so far and it sounds a lot better than it did before.  :anim_25:

jmart241

Thanks Pool thought about using fletching glue didnt know how it would work