OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Halloran pot calls

Started by Southernson13, March 02, 2022, 08:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernson13

Was going through my best today and discovered my halloran crystal pot has a crack clean through the middle after moving this summer. Does anyone know if he will repair one rather than having to buy a whole new one?

callmakerman

Reach out to him and ask. Give it time for a reply as he's doing shows and some hunting by now, I would guess.

Vintage

If you have to buy another don't purchase it from Halloran. Other sellers have it cheaper.

OsceolaDreams

I bought a Top Shelf Ceramic, Never even hunted it and it cracked on my self. Called and they said to send it in so I did but never heard back from them. Sent several messages that where read but they never responded.

Spitten and drummen

Never had a issue with David not getting back to me on anything. It may take awhile but he manages. That being said , his twisted sister and crystal mistress are 2 of the finest that can be found. There are some that sound just as good but not any better. I have over 200 pot calls and the people that know me know how picky I am about calls. In my opinion his older ones sound better than the last 4 or 5 year old calls. Again thats just my opinion.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Master Gobbie

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 06, 2022, 03:07:24 PM
I have over 200 pot calls...

200!?!? There's probably a support group out there for this. Ha ha, that's awesome!!!
Proverbs  3: 5-6

HookedonHooks

Never had a issue with David not getting back to me on anything. It may take awhile but he manages. That being said , his twisted sister and crystal mistress are 2 of the finest that can be found. There are some that sound just as good but not any better. I have over 200 pot calls and the people that know me know how picky I am about calls. In my opinion his older ones sound better than the last 4 or 5 year old calls. Again thats just my opinion.
I agree with this statement except the part there is none better out there. David builds a real nice one though no doubt, I definitely agree the older stuff is better than the new. Repairing of your older call may be best if you can get in touch.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: HookedonHooks on March 06, 2022, 03:35:15 PM
I agree with this statement except the part there is none better out there. David builds a real nice one though no doubt, I definitely agree the older stuff is better than the new. Repairing of your older call may be best if you can get in touch.

Best is subjective. I may have worded it wrong. His mistress and sister set the standards for a crystal call years ago. They have been the death of truckloads of birds. The 2 that I have I would put up against any other crystals out there. That being said , I have other pots just as good but no better. Just my 2 cents.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Master Gobbie on March 06, 2022, 03:26:49 PM
I have over 200 pot calls...

200!?!? There's probably a support group out there for this. Ha ha, that's awesome!!!

Not all of them are great lol. I have been collecting calls for 40 years and I do have an addiction lol.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"