turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 Gauge recommendations

Started by ClayR089, March 02, 2022, 02:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClayR089

Boss man called today and gave me a surprise bonus. Been wanting to get a 20 for upland and turkey. Was eyeing the Benelli Montefeltro, little heavier than the ultra light but still a light model to cut down on kick for upland hunting. What recs do y'all have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington700

Benelli M2 would be my first go to if not worried about how much I spend. Currently I shoot a Franchi Affinty 3 compact in 20 gauge. It has been impressive so far.

northms

This youtube channel here is the best I've seen for shotgun reviews and might be what you're looking for: https://www.youtube.com/c/TargetFocusedLife

The guy reviews tons and tons of shotguns. Most of them wing shooter guns but could be used for turkeys too I suppose.

nativeks

I hated my 20 ga Montefeltro and sold it. For 20 ga I currently have 2 390s, 1 A300, and 1 Affinity. My preference is for the 390s above all else.

Sixes

If I were picking buying a 20, I'd look at the Benelli SBE3

I love my SBE2

Dtrkyman

Top end, Benelli ultra light, would need to get it dipped.  Mid range sort of franchi Affinity.

Lower end Mossberg SA-20

3bailey3

TurkeyReaper69

Walked into Bass Pro in November for something with a buddy, saw a sweet Winchester SXP went back the next day and bought it. I now have a SXP in a 20 and 12 gauge love them both. Hard part is gonna be picking which one comes out to the woods each morning this spring.

lunghit

I love my 20 GA Benelli Monte. It's light, slim and reliable but some 3" turkey rounds might rock you. I like my Winchester gas 20 guns for turkey.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

hootgobbleyelpgobble

Looks like I will go against the grain but I love my a400 xplor in 20ga. The lightest recoiling 20ga I own by far.

ClayR089

To kind of change the conversation, I like the traditional look of a wood stock. But feel that a blued gun doesn't handle the beating of a dipped gun. Considering getting the gun cerakoted, or just caring for my blued guns better.

Gooserbat

I like my Beneli, Id take a Franchi without hesitation and for a pump the Winchester SXP is nice.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

zelmo1

For a semi auto, I love my Stoeger 3020. Benelli M-2 is always a top gun. I have 2 Mossberg Sa-28, I would think that the Sa-20 is also a good gun. 870 is also tough to beat. No wrong choice here.

Sungrazer

Yildiz SPZ over/under. One barrel choked for close, other barrel choked tight for longer shots.

nativeks

Quote from: ClayR089 on March 03, 2022, 08:32:17 AM
To kind of change the conversation, I like the traditional look of a wood stock. But feel that a blued gun doesn't handle the beating of a dipped gun. Considering getting the gun cerakoted, or just caring for my blued guns better.

This is a cerakote job on a 20. It had synthetic stocks and a Natgear camo job that was looking rough from the years of use. I found the stocks on ebay and had the guys at Charger Arms do the cerakote on the action, barrel, and end cap. I told them I wanted it to look like blueing. Waiting on my limbsaver pad to arrive and she will be complete.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk