OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Primos Battey World Class

Started by dswmsn, March 01, 2022, 07:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dswmsn

Can anyone shed some light on this pot. I find practically no info on the internet. I purchased it in the '90's & I recall it was made by Mike Battey for Primos using slate & graphite.

spurs2bgobblin

One of the best production slates I've ever played no doubt. I love some Battey pots.

Bill Henkel or Mike Battey himself can really she's some light on the subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

3bailey3

I have one, very good call, EastKyGobblerSlayer on here know a good bit about them, PM him.

GobbleGitr

A fine call, not easy to find!  The few I have seen sell average over $100.  Mike Battey designed several different pots, but to my knowledge this one is the only one that carries his name.  Primos sold it in both slate and glass.  Have seen ads in old catalogs for them in 1995, may have been sold a year or two prior but not sure on that.  This pot design is still in use by Primos with their Ol' Betsy.  Fantastic call.

Candyman

I have one like that but it's got a glass surface.

dswmsn

I am surprised how little can be found on the internet about the Primos "Battey" World Class w/ the graphite sound chamber. There is much info & a fair amount of sales listed for the no longer made K&H Ol' Yeller, but I hardly ever see any info or sales for the "B"W.C. The Primos is a better sounding pot call to me.

MK M GOBL

First Slate call I bought, gave it to a buddy of mine when I bought my CODY World Class Slate. Was a great sounding call for the price, still sell a version of this call from Primos.

MK M GOBL

spurs2bgobblin

Cody calls are overrated and overpriced. I'll give you 10 callmakers that can blow um out the water. This pot smokes a grey slate Spec 1 or World Class. The green slate Cody Spec 1 Legend is a gimmick marketing ploy in my humbled opinion. Played em all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

greentrout

I am struggling to attach a picture of my original Battey to add. The Christmas before I turned 10, my grandfather who introduced me to turkey hunting gave me a "starter package" that included my Battey slate call and a Lynch Gobble Box. I still have and use both!
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

Big Jeremy

Big J Custom Calls (you can find him on Facebook) is currently making replicas of these using the original glass, components. I have no experience with his stuff, but his calls look great (especially wing bones), and I have heard good things regarding him.

PALongspur

I searched high and low to find one and finally did a few years back. One of the finest sounding slates I've ever played! I'd still love to find one of the glass calls someday!