Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What hunting/hiking boots is your go to turkey boot??? Non-rubberized

Started by Remturkey, February 28, 2022, 01:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt76cmich

Lowa Renegade GTX for me. They fit my foot the best when I tried a few on. It's really going to come down to what fits best on your foot.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Spring Creek Calls

I'm a LaCrosse guy, Atlas (400g) on dry ground and Alpha Burley Pro's when I'm gonna get into some water. I also have a pair of un-insulated Danners but am about a season off from replacing them with LaCrosse Windrose.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Big Jeremy

Crispi Summits are my current favorite. They are still relatively new to me, but so far I am quite pleased. Prior to these, I always ran Keen Targhees. They did the job fine, but I got some Summit's on a good sale and decided to try them out since they weren't much more expensive than the Keens after the sale price.

Rtr1987

Chordeiles

For an inexpensive boot, I like the Merrell MOABs. For a sturdier, more premium boot, my go to right now is the Zamberlan 996 Vioz.

Had a pair of the Vaprtreks and loved em. They just didn't hold up for more than 2 seasons here in the western Va mountains.

WV Flopper

IMO...
If your walking (Miles) hard roads/gravel or shale, the Crispi's (Mountain GTX) are awesome. If you walking wooded soft trails the Meindel Vakuum hunters are unbeatable. I use and carry both depending on where I am hunting.

I just received a pair of the Crispi Summit hikers to try this spring, I really like the way they feel so far.

The Kennetrek's are a total waste of 500$. Save yourself some money and go buy a 2"X6" pine board, put some screws up through the bottom for tread and you'll be set. If looking for longevity get treated wood.

I will say the Kenny's are very well made. Just stiff as, well, a board. Injured my Achilles tendon wearing these boots (mountain extremes) I believe. The woman said I caught the turkey foot, as I had to walk side ways with the jacked up ankle.

Funny. I sold them (Kenny's) to a guy for 200$, he loves them, thinks they are the greatest.

Mobeardhunter

I bought a pair of the Danner Alsea's during the sale they were having last week. Just got them in today and have been walking around the house in them. They're lightweight and seem comfortable, for the price if I get a few years out of them I'll be happy

tazmaniac

Love the merrell chameleon low hikers.  Crazy light (tennis shoe light) sole flexes to the terrain (many will not like that).  Not remotely waterproof, but I don't mind wet feet in wool socks if it's not cold.  Put 180 miles on them last season, and the sole is still attached.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

Meindl perfect hunters are my favorite by far my boot history is with hanwag, multiple Crispi, Danner, under armour, Cabela's branded, Hoffman and multiple meindl

There's a big personal fit factor

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

quavers59

I like the Bramma Low Boots that you can find at walmart. They are Light,Brown,and around 25 Bucks.
   I am a mover and don't  like to sit beyond 20 minutes. These Light Brammas allow me to move fast and not be tired after a Turkey Hunt unlike the 18" Swamp Boots.
   They are comfortable  too and Dry Quick if you move through a low Wetland.
   That is my pick. They may not last forever- but they will last you a Tough  Spring Turkey Season. When the sole  is worn halfway down,I drop another 25 Bucks and get another pair.
  I used to be the Walmart Shoe Dept Man. If you are a fast mover like me- Brammas is a good choice that won't  kill the wallet.

rstewart8706

Irish Setter Elk Tracker early in the season and Vasque Breeze GTX for later in the season.

Gentry

I just bought a pair of Salomon x ultra 3 and been wearing them around some. So far so good. Will put em through the test this spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

strutnva