Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What hunting/hiking boots is your go to turkey boot??? Non-rubberized

Started by Remturkey, February 28, 2022, 01:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Gobbie

I've gone through 2 pairs of Danner Pronghorns, loved them and still do. But wanted something just a tad lighter and went with the Danner Vital non-insulated this year. I've been hiking in them and couldn't be happier.

I'd say if you're a Pronghorn fan, go with the Vitals, they have a similar fit, maybe a tad more narrow feeling, but the ankle support is identical, IMO.

Proverbs  3: 5-6

Tail Feathers

Irish setter vaportreks for me.  Will be starting on my second pair this spring.  Got about 6 years out of the first ones.  I use them almost exclusively for turkeys and not much else.  They lose waterproof in a year or two.  Apparently most boots do. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Mbhyman88

https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/M-TARGHEE-II-MID-WP.html?dwvar_M-TARGHEE-II-MID-WP_color=1002375&cgid=mens_footwear_boots

I've worn the same pair of keens the past 3 years.  Probably have 1 or 2 years left in them.  Also wear them to work some also.  For the money I have been very pleased.

RiverBuck

jmart241

Meindl Vakuum Hunters most comfortable boots ive ever had outstanding on steep terrain

roberthyman14

Been wearing Irish setter snake boots.  Very comfortable. Only problem is they are not waterproof.  That only lasted maybe 1 season and I spray them with about every kind waterproofer.   I will be switching to danner snake boots this season.  Hopefully they keep the water proofing longer.   Not ready to go to rubber boots yet. 

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls

highcj5

I always used rubber boots in the past. Last year I started wearing some meindl perfect hikers. I love those boots. A little heavy but really comfy. My feet love them. I just got a pair of Lowa's this past week to wear to work. They will be used as double duty. They are the renegade gtx. Really light and comfortable. Already have about 25 miles on them in a week. Just have to see if they hold up. I did add an insole to the Lowa's though

Kylongspur88

Wore a pair of asolo for about 8 years until they disintegrated. Lots of miles in those. Now I've got a pair of Garmont which is similar to the asolo and they've been going strong for about 5 years which considering what I do to them is pretty good. These types of boot work well for the mountains where I hunt.

TurkeyReaper69

arrow1

lacire

Quote from: RiverBuck on February 28, 2022, 07:00:24 PM
Crispi Thor GTX

Those Crispi Thor's are my sons go to boots for the last five years, he's got some good hard mileage out of his. I have a pair of Scarpa charmoz pro GTX all synthetic, I've had for the last six years. Originally sold by Kuiu, it's a real nice boot that drys out fast. I also use a pair of there all leather Revolution Plus GTX, three seasons and still going strong. It's another nice boot, but I still use my rubber boots when the conditions call for them and just bought a new pair for this spring turkey season.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Jimspur

Lowa Ranger III GTX. Had 3 pairs of Pronghorns, and let's just say I will
never own Pronghorns again.

Remturkey