turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What hunting/hiking boots is your go to turkey boot??? Non-rubberized

Started by Remturkey, February 28, 2022, 01:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remturkey

Retiring my Danner Pronghorns this year after many miles and seasons on them.  Last year I bought a pair of Meindl hikers that I wore some and they were very comfortable but I am going to buy a replacement for the Danners so I'd like to hear what you guys best hunting/hiking boot you have found for turkey season.  I do hunt mountain terrain with creeks so stability and waterproofness is definitely big factors.  Also if you could tell me if a particular make model ran true to size or small/big/wide/narrow.  Thanks for any input you can share

Good luck this season

Howie g

Danner pronghorns are my go to , a pair last me around 2 years .  I wear them to work daily , and hunting .
I've tried a pair of crispy Thor's , but they hurt my feet .   For the money and durability, pronghorns are hard to beat IMO .

ncmountainfella

I have had two pairs of the Danner High ground over the past 5 years. When the second pair wears out I may try the Danner Vital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nyhunter

I have had several different brands over the years most were ok at best, this year I bought a pair of Kenetrek boots they are hands down the best most comfortable boots I've ever had on my feet.

Tom007

I have wide feet, so I am limited to Boots that come in EE width. Irish Setter has been my go-to boot. I have insulated and uninsulated Setters, great boots, they are indeed waterproof and light weight.....
"Solo hunter"

Nathan_Wiles

Danner Vital Snake Boots w/ gore tex. 3rd season coming up for these boots they've help up well for me so far. Before that it was the Irish Setter Snake Boots I think I got 4 good seasons before they began leaking.

I average only 10-12 walking miles a week during the season due to a junk knee, Boots tend to last me a bit longer. Some of my buddies put that on thiers daily 5-6 days a week.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Gobbler428

I'm on my second pair of the old model gortex Danner snake boots. I still wear the first pair I bought 15 years ago but they leak now from being worn so much.  I still wear them occasionally. I was lucky enough to find a new pair just like them on ebay several years ago, so I'd have them when the first pair wore out. Most comfortable snake boot I've ever worn.

Gooserbat

For affordability I like merrill. If you're after a premium boot I like crispi I have both.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

boatpaddle

Kenetrex are my go to boot for hunting...

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

sswv

I've had about every brand out there but Danner seems to out last them all. For kicks I bought a pair of North Face leather lace up boots at an outlet one time for 75% off and have to admit, they are super comfortable, extremely light and one of the warmest leather boots I own. Don't skimp on outdoor footwear cause when your feet ain't happy it makes for a miserable trip.

tell y'all what an old timer told me when I was a kid. he said boy, spend most of your money on good boots and cloths cause that gun don't do one thing to keep you warm and dry and if you ain't comfortable you're miserable and miserable ain't fun.

Jmillwood21

I wore crispi for two seasons for everything. I had issues and returned them.  Got a refund and I bought some hanwag boots.  So far so good.  I really like them.  They are the Alaska model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notsoyoungturk

Irish Setter VaprTrek Snake boots.  I wear them turkey hunting and bow hunting for deer.  They are as comfortable as any hiking boot and provide peace of mind if I accidentally step on Mr No Shoulders.  Very waterproof from a dew and rain standpoint but I have never waded much in them.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Spyderman

I picked up a pair of Lowa hiking boots/shoes last year. I love them. I don't see myself wearing traditional boots while turkey hunting again.

PaLmbHngr

I like Kenetrek boots as well. I wore them in Colorado elk hunting and walked over 40 miles in a week and never had a blister or sore feet at the end of the day. Good boots are expensive but they are worth it. Thank.