Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone hunt w the Performance Shop Benelli ?

Started by RiverBuck, February 27, 2022, 07:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverBuck

Spark352

Also interested. The $3000 price tag has me a little puzzled. The gun plus the work done I think is well under that price.

RiverBuck

If you do the math on the purchase price of a SBE III with steady grip to the performance shop upgrades it doesn't add up... but that customized shotgun is calling me.

Tom007

Quote from: RiverBuck on February 27, 2022, 08:03:25 PM
If you do the math on the purchase price of a SBE III with steady grip to the performance shop upgrades it doesn't add up... but that customized shotgun is calling me.

I have the SBE with the 24 inch barrel, steady grip model but not the performance upgrade. I put a Rob Roberts Final Strut .660 choke in. It patterns pretty much everything real well. I don't know how much better the performance shop gun can get for the added money. The performance model comes out of Rob Roberts shop, the choke he uses is probably similar to his Final Strut Tube. Great gun either way, good luck....
"Solo hunter"

dms2511

I own one, and nothing particularly impressive that can't be duplicated with a little patience and experimentation with choke and shot shell variations. Perhaps worth the money when shot shell and choke technology wasn't what it is today, but patterning a gun and getting it to shoot is half the fun in my opinion. Quite frankly regret investing the money, and have several other guns that shoot just as good if not better that cost much less money. Do your research on OG, as the forum is full of helpful and knowledgeable folks that will steer you in the right direction regardless of what shotgun you purchase.

Bob G.

While looking at the Benelli shotguns early last year, I was intrigued by the Performance Shop M2 but not for that price point. I ordered the M2 20 gauge in black with a 24" barrel. Added a Burris FF3, Sumtoy 562 choke and a Slogan Outdoors sling. Very happy with the set up. Did not have it in time last Spring but hoping for some good luck this year.

turkeymanjim

My go to turkey gun is a benelli cordoba preformance shop 20 gauge. I have a burris ffast fire 3 scope on it. I shoot a sumtoy 562 choke out of it with with federal tss #7. This is what I get out of it at 40 yards using  a rangefinder to measure yardage.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Alpaca Wrangler

I have one. I really enjoy it!  I killed 2 gobblers with it last May and couldn't be happier with how it performed. 

Dieselfitter

I have 2 of them (long story).   I really like the set up.   Like some folks say, it can be duplicated with a little effort.  I took it out of the box and shot my favorite TSS load at a 40 yard target.   Adjusted the sight a little and shot again.   Impressive evenly distributed pattern.   I have seen slightly tighter patterns out of my Cynergy, but nothing as even and symmetrical as this one.

A year and a half ago I went across the street to my local Benelli dealer and asked about this gun.   He said he would try and order one but it didn't look good.   He called me later that day and said it was most likely a NO go but I was on the list.   I never thought about that gun another day.   3 months ago I saw one on gun broker and bought it.  Happy day.   It really does perform like it is designed to.   2 weeks ago my gun dealer called me and said my Benelli is in.   Oh crap.   He is a small dealer and my word was my word so I ponied up the cash and now I have 2.