OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I got wood!

Started by MO_HUNTER, February 27, 2022, 07:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MO_HUNTER

I have a special piece of Missouri Walnut that was cutt off of a farm in Northern part of the state several years ago.  My buddy that I grew up hunting with logged it and let it dry in his garage, now I have it. Well... he just had his first kid last year and I'm wanting to get a couple calls made from it.
Would you fine people know if any of the callmakers out there would use the wood I have to make some calls? Is this something that callmakers even entertain?

Thanks in advance.

gergg

I am sure there are plenty of guys that would build calls for you out of that walnut(assuming it is of good quality), might be a good idea to note the type of calls you are interested in.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

mastevt

Quote from: MO_HUNTER on February 27, 2022, 07:06:29 PM
I have a special piece of Missouri Walnut that was cutt off of a farm in Northern part of the state several years ago.  My buddy that I grew up hunting with logged it and let it dry in his garage, now I have it. Well... he just had his first kid last year and I'm wanting to get a couple calls made from it.
Would you fine people know if any of the callmakers out there would use the wood I have to make some calls? Is this something that callmakers even entertain?

Thanks in advance.

I'd be happy to make you some calls out of it.  What part of Missouri?  I live just outside Kansas City.
My call page on Facebook is Scott's Custom Turkey Calls,  if you want to check out my work.

MO_HUNTER

I'm leaning towards box calls, but wouldn't shy away from pot calls either. 

Not sure of the exact location, but I can find out. Thanks mastev..I'll look you up.

packmule

Make sure and take a pic or two of the wood now, and then the calls once they are done. Would be cool to see those photos here someday  :icon_thumright: