OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Starting Over New

Started by TurkeyAssassin, June 06, 2011, 11:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurkeyAssassin

I got to thinking and it is about time to get a new vest and get new calls.  What would yall prefer?  I have made up my mind for the calls, I want the majority, if not all of them to be from members on here who make their own.
Any input is greatly appreciated.

-Landon
Owner of FC Photography
www.facebook.com/FC.Photography01

VAHUNTER

check out Perfections line of custom mouth and friction cals !!!!
www.perfectionturkeycalls.com
Good things come to those who wait

sugarray

Joe Slaton, TRKYHTR, really makes some turkey talkin' calls.  From mouth calls to pot calls, he will get you what you need.

ncturkey

For a vest I would like to get me a new Cablea's Couch Potato Vest. As for pot calls I would try Daryl Slaton, SS custom Calls, Lightsout to name a few. Plus Hooks Custom makes great mouth calls and pots too. I heard good things about Joe Slaton's turkey calls too. I use a Jeff McKamey short box this year for the first time too. Plus SS Custom Calls make a fine box caller too. There are just too many to name. And there is not a vest big enough to carry them all. My go to vest right know is my Bucklick Creek Turkey Lonuger. It does not have alot of pockets but it is cool, lightweight and comfortable.

lightsoutcalls

I'll put in a good word for the Ol' Tom vests.  I'd like to try one of the I-Beam vests myself.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Borat

IMO, Wendell Rye makes the best pot call money can buy.  If you told me to go chase turkeys across the nation and that I could only take ONE turkey call, it would be his anodized aluminum pot.

longspur

Quote from: ncturkey on June 07, 2011, 08:46:41 AM
For a vest I would like to get me a new Cablea's Couch Potato Vest.
can you still get those?

stinkpickle

Most of the good call makers are represented here, so take your pick.  I haven't tried but a small fraction of them, and I've been very pleased so far.

TurkeyAssassin

Thanks guys!
Now if I can get a few people who makes their own to message me so I can get a price and what not.  My plans are to buy a few mouth calls from someone, a box from someone and a slate call from someone.  Wanting to mix it around to see what all I can get  :you_rock:
Owner of FC Photography

mossy835

And don't forget Pappy's calls, he did fine by me.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

You would be remiss if you don't have at least 1 or 2 Lights Out calls in your vest.

In my opinion, Wendel makes the best pot calls on the market.

From Virginia, to Georgia, to Nebraska, to Wyoming.... I've seen em all come ready and willing to die to Lights Out.

TurkeyAssassin

That's what my plans are now.  Gonna get one of his slates for next year.  Gonna try out different other things from everyone else so don't worry :firefighter:
Owner of FC Photography

savduck

Quote from: TurkeyAssassin on June 07, 2011, 11:16:08 AM
Thanks guys!
Now if I can get a few people who makes their own to message me so I can get a price and what not.  My plans are to buy a few mouth calls from someone, a box from someone and a slate call from someone.  Wanting to mix it around to see what all I can get  :you_rock:

Dude, go to the classifieds in the "Custom Call" section and take your pick...

I like the MO Limbhanger by Russell. Very well built, tougher than any of my past vest.
Georgia Boy

Devastator

i love the mo limbhanger vest to.lot's of pockets and a real convenient box call holder on the left side so my gun is not hitting it.2 pot call holder pouch that is also nice.for calls except for my smiths game calls sweet butternut box,everything is hooks.i carry 3 of the new assassin series pots and i use his devastator and executioner mouth calls.you will not be disappointed!

TurkeyAssassin

Thank you everyone for the input!
Owner of FC Photography