OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

boot gaiter recommendation

Started by kythunter, February 26, 2022, 08:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencop01

We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

TauntoHawk

I have a pair of first litd bramblers that were great but I applied some much permethrin that I messed up the waterproofing. I have another pair of sitka ones that I got my dad that didn't fit I'm using now that are a little lighter.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lucky Goose

I can't speak on the sizing for you but OR crocodiles are solid.  I'm on year 7 with mine.

Howie g

I'm on my 3rd year with a pair of snake proof " razors" . I spray them with water proofing and they keep my legs dry . Hope to never find out if they are actually snake proof

Turkeyjak

Jmillwood21

Only pair I've ever had was the kuiu.  Been great so far.

nyhunter

I use first lite and Outdoor Research crocodiles love them both

Brian Fahs

Mbhyman88

https://turtleskin.com/default/snake-gaiters.html

https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/M-TARGHEE-II-MID-WP.html?dwvar_M-TARGHEE-II-MID-WP_color=1002375&cgid=mens_footwear_boots

I wear these turtle skin gaiters and some keen boots that go just over the ankle.  Really like the combo.  Did add a strap of paracord to the gaiters that my boot slips through to keep the gaiters from riding up the boot.

kythunter

Quote from: RiverBuck on February 26, 2022, 08:58:05 AM
I'm interested to see what you think of the knock off's.
At times I use the Kuiu gaiters on top of Crispi Thor's...  They seem bomb proof but I find myself hardly ever needing them and I don't think I've ever thought to myself, glad I had gaiters on.
Okay the knock off gaiter's aren't that bad. They fit well and all of the hardware is solid. I wore them today while checking trail cameras and they were good. The heal strap and Velcro is solid. For $25 I'll use them while in the field and probably order Kenetrek mediums for hunting.

paboxcall

Been wearing Sitka Thunderhead GTX I got off ebay for a couple years, and they work great. Wear them every day spring and fall seasons, and in the snow during deer season.

Another added bonus is an additional layer to treat with Sawyers.

For ticks, I keep my pant legs tucked in the boot tops, but in wet grass pants just wick water to the socks and them my feet are wet. The gaiters fixed that problem.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Jimspur

rstewart8706

Quote from: Hwd silvestris on February 26, 2022, 12:04:31 PM
I use the scent blocker snake gaiters. They come in camo and has stirrups to keep in place.   I also spray with a waterproofing spray.   They work well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have these as well.  This will be their 4th season.  The stirrups are getting ragged and can be easily replaced..  'm very happy with them.  They do get warm later in the season.

3bailey3

I just heard about some snake proof ones from Crackshot, they look good and good reviews.

Spitten and drummen

Been using kenetreks for several years with no complaints.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE