turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Platz

Started by MO_HUNTER, February 24, 2022, 09:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MO_HUNTER

Understanding that these calls are high priced... what would someone wanting to buy one pay? Is 300.00 too much?

Bedge7767

I wouldn't pay that much but some people will.
Jim

ChesterCopperpot

I'd much rather pay $300 for a Platz than $300 for that "limited edition" Phelps Game Calls pot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

It's a function of supply/demand. He does not make many calls. The ones he makes not only look good, they are all turkey. I was lucky enough to get one from a fellow forum member, it's a maple slate. It's always with me, it sounds unreal.....you really pay for the "opportunity" on these high end calls now a days...
"Solo hunter"

bobk

Simple supply and demand situation.  It's a matter of what you believe that they are worth.

HookedonHooks

They're worth what someone's willing to pay. Pre-season hype is here and people will pay more than any other time of year. $300 is not unattainable.

MO_HUNTER

I completely agree with the thought that they are worth what a person will pay, I get it. Thanks for the responses gents, just asking questions to learn.

bowbird87

Quote from: Roost 1 on February 25, 2022, 07:23:46 AM
I wouldn't pay a dime for one... I don't like the way he does business.

Exactly

EZ

Quote from: Roost 1 on February 25, 2022, 07:23:46 AM
I wouldn't pay a dime for one... I don't like the way he does business.

I'm curious, how does he do business?

Tom007

Wow, never knew this was a problem getting calls directly from him. Like I said, I got my Platz slate off a fellow forum member at a real good price, It has a great sound. Be safe..
"Solo hunter"

Andy S.

Good luck! I'm still waiting on my two pot calls from March 2016 that I have in writing. My quote was $75/pot call at that time per his e-mail correspondence to me. His e-mail stated my calls would be ready in about a year. I've followed up every year with him via e-mail, but have yet to be contacted by him (without me initiating it), or yet to receive my calls. I reached out to him last month to see if I would receive my calls this spring, but did not receive a reply. I was hoping after 5+ additional years of patiently waiting and routine annual correspondence, he would keep his word and make my calls. That does not appear to be the case. YMMV
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

Meleagris gallopavo

I tried to get one from Mr. Platz and he told me he didn't take call orders anymore.  I get that.  Now if you don't fulfill a previous obligation and you're misleading about how close you are to finishing the call, that's another thing altogether.  But in the end it's his business to do business how he sees fit.  I just roll on to the next thing.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

roosterstraw

Quote from: Andy S. on February 26, 2022, 11:37:16 AM
Good luck! I'm still waiting on my two pot calls from March 2016 that I have in writing. My quote was $75/pot call at that time per his e-mail correspondence to me. His e-mail stated my calls would be ready in about a year. I've followed up every year with him via e-mail, but have yet to be contacted by him (without me initiating it), or yet to receive my calls. I reached out to him last month to see if I would receive my calls this spring, but did not receive a reply. I was hoping after 5+ additional years of patiently waiting and routine annual correspondence, he would keep his word and make my calls. That does not appear to be the case. YMMV

That's ridiculous. Morals are important to me and someone keeping their word means everything. He should have never put you on the list if he didn't intend on making you a call. Even if he had a list and decided not to proceed with it he should notify the people that's on the list and give an explanation. I've had a couple people offer me platz calls for over $300 and I'm so glad I didn't pull the trigger. There's no way they sound that much better than most of the custom calls you can pick up for $75 from respectable makers.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: roosterstraw on February 26, 2022, 11:48:58 AM
Quote from: Andy S. on February 26, 2022, 11:37:16 AM

That's ridiculous. Morals are important to me and someone keeping their word means everything. He should have never put you on the list if he didn't intend on making you a call. Even if he had a list and decided not to proceed with it he should notify the people that's on the list and give an explanation. I've had a couple people offer me platz calls for over $300 and I'm so glad I didn't pull the trigger. There's no way they sound that much better than most of the custom calls you can pick up for $75 from respectable makers.
Yep!

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Bowguy

When I got my calls I had no issue getting them. Once they went to 300 I sold mine.