News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

This is why you don't show pins/imagery in videos

Started by deerhunt1988, February 24, 2022, 04:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sasquatch1

Quote from: silvestris on February 26, 2022, 12:32:14 PM
How you been, Nathan.  Been a while.  Hope you have another good one.  Do you know why the  Bullnettler died?  I enjoyed a few on there, including you, and "poof", it died.
I bet it's due to people realizing loose lips are sinking the ship. I use to like the forum myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ol timer

WV Flopper

Deerhunt, you have put more people on this spot with this YouTube call-out than THP did with their video!

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: WV Flopper on February 26, 2022, 03:21:40 PM
Deerhunt, you have put more people on this spot with this YouTube call-out than THP did with their video!

I doubt that with the amount of views they get.  Thousands and thousands.   

WV Flopper

I don't, because Deerhunts buddies that set around at work and don't do their job have pinpointed the location and Deerhunt shared for all.
Maybe it would be more productive after this detective work is complete by the detectives to email THP their exact locations of hunts.
In my mind that has a potential for a more productive end than posting up exact locations to try and verify yourself. Maybe other motives, IDK.

WV Flopper

Two Wright's made an airplane, but two wrongs have never accomplished anything great.

sasquatch1

Quote from: WV Flopper on February 26, 2022, 03:21:40 PM
They've been talked with and asked to stop doing this. They refuse and don't care.

So, time to blow it up on them. Some lessons need learning the hard way.

WV Flopper

https://www.thehuntingpublic.com/

Send your critic here of the content, it may be more productive than to the general public here.

WV Flopper

So, how is this blowing it up on them? I watched the video in question last night Just Because of This POST.

sasquatch1

Quote from: WV Flopper on February 26, 2022, 04:04:15 PM
So, how is this blowing it up on them? I watched the video in question last night Just Because of This POST.
They don't care so much about crowding because they travel around and hunt the whole season. Doesn't affect them near as much as the local guy who works for a living and has weekends to hunt.

Maybe if their turfs slowly get more attention they'll care more and understand

Just watch a few videos when they do have people issues, they play it off well but their face says it all.

Ask Catman what happened to an area he started out on that was once awesome and is now like a mardigras parade for Turkey season.

arkrem870

They don't care about the damage they are doing to public land hunters because more hunters on public land equals more money in their pockets. It's not a hard concept to grasp. It elementary.

Unfortunately the small amount of money they make comes at a great cost to local public land hunters around the country in the form of overcrowding and lost opportunity through regulation.  Especially in the south.   

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: WV Flopper on February 26, 2022, 04:01:42 PM
https://www.thehuntingpublic.com/

Send your critic here of the content, it may be more productive than to the general public here.

Even with criticism, they scoff it off as a non issue.  Just look at a few on this forum.  They refuse to recognize the concerns.  I heard Dave Owens on a podcast respond to criticism about large increases in pressure for a publicized state, "I don't think XYZ state is complaining with the increase in license sales".  Yep, resource be damned.  It seems at this point they are unwilling to sacrifice likes and views, which stoke the ego and the wallet.  Not even expecting them to go away, just be more responsible.  They can show hunts, entertain, educate, and make money without promoting public lands for profit. 

But, the point is it's not just the YT channels.  It's a turkey hunting cultural issue as a whole.  It's FB and forum users that place personal gain over what's most important.  Instant gratification and the need for acknowledgment and acceptance.  It's as simple as that.  Some are naive and some just don't care because it's about "me" or "I". 

WV Flopper

I would like to say. " When I go turkey hunting it is about ME." Hopefully, everyone understands this statement, hate to have to explain to the masses that I don't hunt for them. I do respect others and will continue to do so unless disrespected.

Is there a problem with this attitude? I work 2500 hours a year, I hunt for 15-25 days in the spring. Is this a problem?

The NWTF has been trying to recruit new hunters since they began. The thought has been more hunters, more money, more voters in a positive manner to sustain and make better for the wild turkey.

These new recruits are adding up men. No, I am not trying to shift the blame. But I do understand turkeys were commercialized years ago, before YouTube. I watched Will Premos when I was a kid, still do. Can't spell his name, but don't care either. All of these new recruits need a place to hunt.

So again, this complaining about one group, in an open to the public forum, means nothing. Except, calling more people to locations these people hunt. Exactly opposite of what your intent should be, you are going in the wrong direction with this content.

Think about whom you have shared this info with. New recruits, who have not been endocterned to ride on if someone beats them to their spot for the day. Who have not been taught about loose lips, Who don't use paper maps and do use modern technology. Who want to go hunting and have youth on their side to do so.

I think your best opportunity is to compel to the content makers directly. Keeping in mind the 1st amendment of the constitution of the United States of America.

sasquatch1

Quote from: WV Flopper on February 26, 2022, 05:23:42 PM
I would like to say. " When I go turkey hunting it is about ME." Hopefully, everyone understands this statement, hate to have to explain to the masses that I don't hunt for them. I do respect others and will continue to do so unless disrespected.

Is there a problem with this attitude? I work 2500 hours a year, I hunt for 15-25 days in the spring. Is this a problem?

The NWTF has been trying to recruit new hunters since they began. The thought has been more hunters, more money, more voters in a positive manner to sustain and make better for the wild turkey.

These new recruits are adding up men. No, I am not trying to shift the blame. But I do understand turkeys were commercialized years ago, before YouTube. I watched Will Premos when I was a kid, still do. Can't spell his name, but don't care either. All of these new recruits need a place to hunt.

So again, this complaining about one group, in an open to the public forum, means nothing. Except, calling more people to locations these people hunt. Exactly opposite of what your intent should be, you are going in the wrong direction with this content.

Think about whom you have shared this info with. New recruits, who have not been endocterned to ride on if someone beats them to their spot for the day. Who have not been taught about loose lips, Who don't use paper maps and do use modern technology. Who want to go hunting and have youth on their side to do so.

I think your best opportunity is to compel to the content makers directly. Keeping in mind the 1st amendment of the constitution of the United States of America.
Those like primos had virtually no affect on the public lands!!

People watched and just wished they had those prime places to hunt and went on about business.

WV Flopper

You are 100% wrong. They set and watched and went hunting where they could, PUBLIC LAND.

Do you think at anytime more than a couple new recruits owned enough land to hunt on and not use public? They either hunt public or join a club. I am willing to bet above 75% of new recruits hunt public before they join a club and pay to hunt.