News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

This is why you don't show pins/imagery in videos

Started by deerhunt1988, February 24, 2022, 04:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

eddie234

I get everyone's point, I get so annoyed during deer season with all the out of state hunters. The Saturday before opening Monday all the trucks with out of state plates pulling their trailers loaded with 4wheelers and corn. Wish everyone would just stay in their home state.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

btodd00

I've never been to any of the spots that they post the onx screen shots of so I wouldn't know if the terrain matches but I wonder if they just pull up a random spot on on x and put their name and bird location on that instead of where they are actually hunting. Videos in years past used to have a asterisk at the bottom and they would say example map when they were trying to showcase a feature or situation they were hunting

Im a Florida native, they have only been to my state one time that I know of and I knew exactly where they were at just from the features in the videos even without a map screenshot

arkrem870

It matters a great deal.... As southern hunters have seen the largest pressure increase and are dealing with loss of season/limits/draw etc. Frankly we go north for easy gobblers and less pressure. 

Ranger

Didn't Pinhoti get his windows busted out in one state?  Not really to steal anything but more to send a message?
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

sasquatch1

Quote from: arkrem870 on February 25, 2022, 01:39:39 PM
It matters a great deal.... As southern hunters have seen the largest pressure increase and are dealing with loss of season/limits/draw etc. Frankly we go north for easy gobblers and less pressure.
This.

Also once the seasons up there open the whole damn country is open.

It not near the crowding affect of everyone racing to the early opener

Yea they could pick their way through the north at the end but many are already burned out and or there's still several states open to spread the pressure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Paulmyr

You say that like I don't hunt the south? Like I don't have places there that I  have worked hard to find keep secret. Spots that I can return too after not having been in 20 yrs and bring home gobblers. You say that like I haven't spent over 30 days in Ga in one trip learning to hunt tough pressured "southern gobblers". Like I haven't spent week long trips to Arkansas only to come home with bad poison oak. Like I haven't seen the hay days of Missouri........ You say that like I don't know what I'm talking about. Stereotype much?

I got some news for you. Turkey's are turkeys no mater where you hunt them. They can be just as tough up here in Mn and just as easy down there in the south. And pressure is everywhere on public land.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

El Pavo Grande

The apathy for the resource and future of turkey hunting within the current turkey hunting culture is astounding.  Absolutely amazing!!!  It is apathy to suggest everyone should just accept the increased pressures on localized populations and continued loss of hunting opportunities.  Think outside the box (critical thinking).... This is NOT a positive for our future.  Frankly, it's disappointing.   

For the thousandth time, plus a million more, the argument against the information free for all is not about "I", "Me", working harder, walking farther, be creative, find a new honey hole.  Not sure how much more clear that can be stated. 

I hope we never get invaded by a foreign power.... "Get over it boys, it's a sign of the times.  Accept it and move on". 

We aren't asking to blow up the internet, just asking that those on YT, FB, Forums, etc. change the content that is shared. 

sasquatch1

Quote from: Paulmyr on February 25, 2022, 02:05:08 PM
You say that like I don't hunt the south? Like I don't have places there that I  have worked hard to find keep secret. Spots that I can return too after not having been in 20 yrs and bring home gobblers. You say that like I haven't spent over 30 days in Ga in one trip learning to hunt tough pressured "southern gobblers". Like I haven't spent week long trips to Arkansas only to come home with bad poison oak. Like I haven't seen the hay days of Missouri........ You say that like I don't know what I'm talking about. Stereotype much?

I got some news for you. Turkey's are turkeys no mater where you hunt them. They can be just as tough up here in Mn and just as easy down there in the south. And pressure is everywhere on public land.
All this past tense talk. When last have you been? 20 years ago?

arkrem870

Just giving you my perspective of 30 years successfully hunting the south extensively.  Now our seasons have been shortened and public land regulations have been tightened to deal with the added pressure of loose lips.  Sure I've lost spots. Sure I've found new ones. That's not my point. I'm talking about southern turkey hunters losing our nearby hunting opportunities / seasons so a few can profit off the resource. 

sasquatch1

Quote from: arkrem870 on February 25, 2022, 02:15:48 PM
Just giving you my perspective of 30 years successfully hunting the south extensively.  Now our seasons have been shortened and public land regulations have been tightened to deal with the added pressure of loose lips.  Sure I've lost spots. Sure I've found new ones. That's not my point. I'm talking about southern turkey hunters losing our nearby hunting opportunities / seasons so a few can profit off the resource.
It's just getting started. Sooner or later it will come to a home near (_____) if it keeps up

Paulmyr

How about, if you guys want to be activists, go the source. Take a look around the perimeter of this message board. That's where you start. They and the companies like them have more power to control the fate of the resource than any Youtube video guys. If you want no more YouTube vids tell them and show them that you don't like them supporting........whatever it is you don't like.......You don't like watching people shoot jakes, you dont like people naming states.

All I'm saying boys is if your serious take it to the top. Find out who supports them and let them have it. Let the sponsors know things need to change. The only way to do that is hurt their bottom lines more than if they weren't promoting turkey hunting. Feel like saying good bye to your Mossy Oak Original Bottomlands. Have at it.

Any thing else is...well......just complaining on a message board.

Quote from: sasquatch1 on February 25, 2022, 02:14:11 PM
Quote from: Paulmyr on February 25, 2022, 02:05:08 PM

All this past tense talk. When last have you been? 20 years ago?

Last year. Do you want know how many brought I home too? Maybe the color of the under of the underwear I was wearing when I shot them?

AndyN

Sometimes it works out in your favor. I was watching a video last spring and instantly recognized the spot as a field I've shot a couple deer off of. The problem was it was a NR hunting in an area closed to NRs. Needless to say they won't be back.

Paulmyr

Quote from: Paulmyr on February 25, 2022, 03:00:22 PM
How about, if you guys want to be activists, go the source. Take a look around the perimeter of this message board. That's where you start. They and the companies like them have more power to control the fate of the resource than any Youtube video guys. If you want no more YouTube vids tell them and show them that you don't like them supporting........whatever it is you don't like.......You don't like watching people shoot jakes, you dont like people naming states.

All I'm saying boys is if your serious take it to the top. Find out who supports them and let them have it. Let the sponsors know things need to change. The only way to do that is hurt their bottom lines more than if they weren't promoting turkey hunting. Feel like saying good bye to your Mossy Oak Original Bottomlands. Have at it.

Any thing else is...well......just complaining on a message board.

......and I'd like to add, good luck.

arkrem870

Many have been working on the issue.  But what would help immediately if people on forums and people on social media etc would  quit watching their videos. Without the clicks/views they have nothing.