OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

This is why you don't show pins/imagery in videos

Started by deerhunt1988, February 24, 2022, 04:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Augustine Strutter

Quote from: Burney Mac on February 24, 2022, 08:51:22 PM
Deerhint1988....I see your angle and I understand you're trying to draw "awareness" to the issue at hand. However, have you ever stopped and thought just for one second the damage that you're solely doing all on your own by constantly bringing up "things" and other various topics, strictly in the name of "awareness"? I mean for the few people that haven't watched the video that frequent this forum. You want to be very clear for them to stop the video, zoom in, take notes, so they can be certain they get that exact location. Because Tommy sitting at home doesn't have sense enough to do that on his own. But just in case he doesn't have sense enough to pause a video. You want to be certain, that if he can read, he still gets the message on this forum of wherever your "awareness" platform takes you. I mean let's start a thread just to "show" how easy it is because a you tube video isn't enough. You decide there needs to be a thread dedicated to it.

Instead of hoping no one catches it, sees it, or recognizes it...you'll just be certain to draw as much attention to it as possible, as if there isn't already enough. You can save me it's a draw state yada yada yada crap. You're constant negative publicity on these forums snd your social media is just as bad and as detrimental and draws just as much attention as a guy posing with a turkey hanging on the national forest sign...which I miss bye the way. Of course, if one was wanting to be discreet and secretive, one could always post pictures of themselves with a face mask on....I really miss those the most. I just wonder why rocks snd glass don't mix so well.

I love what he did. It's exactly what is needed to make change. It may not affect the YouTube Allstars because they will be off to other states, but maybe this can begin to piss enough people off to turn the tides a little bit.

Keep it up. Blow the whole dang thing up.

roberthyman14

Quote from: g8rvet on February 24, 2022, 07:24:53 PM
I had a nice day on a public area duck hunting. We were posting pics of our best day of the year.  It is a member site like this one.  I blurred out the background with Paint so you could not tell where it was.  I took a ton of flak from folks about how it was a douche move.  I just laughed and said the internet is forever.   Got about 3 PMs from fellow members that knew where I was because we see each other there and they all thanked me.  Common sense should be called uncommon sense because most folks ain't got it.
We do that alot with fishing pictures.  Some of these houses and docks are easy to figure out.  Gotta have fun though. I'll draw trees and birds in the background.

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls

roberthyman14

Also  turn off location on pictures.  No just hunting n fishing but also pictures of family.

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls

aclawrence

I watched one of Dave's last videos and I'm sure he was hunting one of my local WMA's. He lives close by now and the terrain is identical to wear I hunt. I kept watching for some recognizable landmarks but he never showed any. I know this has been a big problem out west with mostly elk and deer hunters showing recognizable mountain features in their videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Ward

You tube or not, if your hunting public land, sooner or later others are going to find your honeyhole.
You tube guys certainly haven't helped the situation, but state game departments also freely give out info and post it on their own websites too. Bottom line, if you found a great hunting spot, others will find it just like you did. Plan accordingly with alternate spots. Overcrowding will only get worse as time goes on.

sasquatch1

Quote from: the Ward on February 25, 2022, 09:41:17 AM
You tube or not, if your hunting public land, sooner or later others are going to find your honeyhole.
You tube guys certainly haven't helped the situation, but state game departments also freely give out info and post it on their own websites too. Bottom line, if you found a great hunting spot, others will find it just like you did. Plan accordingly with alternate spots. Overcrowding will only get worse as time goes on.
The game dept info etc been around forever

Still, most people thought public land was trash hunting and would NEVER venture out blindly.

Fast forward to YouTube with VIDEO PROFF combined with ways people can figure out where that spot is, then it's off to the races

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ol timer

:hb2:
Quote from: Bedge7767 on February 24, 2022, 10:03:40 PM
I wish I had enough time to worry about where someone else is hunting.
Exactly!! I wonder about these folks that annualize a video to determine where someone else is hunting.
Do they not know how to find there own hunting spots what are they searching for anyway .Find a new hobby!! Get over it it's not going to get better because you want it to.

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: Ol timer on February 25, 2022, 09:57:35 AM
:hb2:
Quote from: Bedge7767 on February 24, 2022, 10:03:40 PM
I wish I had enough time to worry about where someone else is hunting.
Exactly!! I wonder about these folks that annualize a video to determine where someone else is hunting.
Do they not know how to find there own hunting spots what are they searching for anyway .Find a new hobby!! Get over it it's not going to get better because you want it to.

I struggle with just letting it go without voicing concerns. Where does it stop?   I think as hunters we should voice our opinions and speak out against actions that threaten the future of turkey hunting.  Cyber scouting is nothing new, but these YT guys often lay it out on a silver platter.  They should be held accountable, and hopefully change the content.  Maybe we can educate against the ignorance of individuals for sharing and commenting specifics on Facebook, Instagram, or whatever platform.  Some don't know any better and some just don't care.  As with this post, THP doesn't care about much else than THP.  OnX cares about the $$. 

Paulmyr

I must be wired differently. The last thing I'm going to do is try and find out where somebody is hunting. Why would I want to knowingly target hunted birds if I can help it. In the turkey woods people are not my friend. Dont get me wrong, On the road I'll stop and have a chat with you. If I'm in the woods hunting " your Da Debil!" Why would I search out areas that would likely inhabit "Da Debil?"

To the guys getting thier spots burned. The only thing I can say is Get over it. People been losing spots since the beginning. It's nothing new. I guess being an older public land hunter of everything, I'm just used to seeing trucks parked my "secret spots". Doesn't matter how they got there. They are there and I'm moving on.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

sasquatch1

Quote from: Paulmyr on February 25, 2022, 11:07:01 AM
I must be wired differently. The last thing I'm going to do is try and find out where somebody is hunting. Why would I want to knowingly target hunted birds if I cant help it. In the turkey woods people are not my friend. Dont get me wrong, On the road I'll stop and have a chat with you. If I'm in the woods hunting " your Da Debil!" Why would I search out areas that would likely inhabit "Da Debil?"

To the guys getting thier spots burned. The only thing I can say is Get over it. People been losing spots since the beginning. It's nothing new. I guess being an older public land hunter of everything, I'm just used to seeing trucks parked my "secret spots". Doesn't matter how they got there. They are there and I'm moving on.
You're not looking at it through the eyes of the

"Do it for the gram" crowd

arkrem870

So public land turkey hunters as a whole have to get over it because a few want to pimp out public turkeys for profit?  Screw that thinking

And screw the FACT that Mississippi, Oklahoma, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, soon to be kentucky etc have put regulations in place to curb the numbers of hunters on public lands now. . We've lost March..... and now deal with 1 turkey limit/later openers/draws on public land. I hope the few get their glory because it coming at the expense of public hunters as a whole.

the Ward

We should just get rid of all social media, and the internet while we are at. That would fix everything.

Dtrkyman

I say this often and think it is quite funny, but not too long ago before all the tubers hunting vids. all of these forums constantly claimed the TV "pro's" should try that on public land, they have it easy hunting all those private honey holes and could never kill anything on my public land spots..

Where do you think THP got the idea most likely.

Be careful what ya wish for!   

Paulmyr

Quote from: sasquatch1 on February 25, 2022, 11:27:19 AM
Quote from: Paulmyr on February 25, 2022, 11:07:01 AM
I must be wired differently. The last thing I'm going to do is try and find out where somebody is hunting. Why would I want to knowingly target hunted birds if I cant help it. In the turkey woods people are not my friend. Dont get me wrong, On the road I'll stop and have a chat with you. If I'm in the woods hunting " your Da Debil!" Why would I search out areas that would likely inhabit "Da Debil?"

You're not looking at it through the eyes of the

"Do it for the gram" crowd

Your right. I'm not. Thought I made that clear.

Quote from: arkrem870 on February 25, 2022, 11:33:45 AM
So public land turkey hunters as a whole have to get over it because a few want to pimp out public turkeys for profit?  Screw that thinking

And screw the FACT that Mississippi, Oklahoma, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, soon to be kentucky etc have put regulations in place to curb the numbers of hunters on public lands now. . We've lost March..... and now deal with 1 turkey limit/later openers/draws on public land. I hope the few get their glory because it coming at the expense of public hunters as a whole.

The only thing I hear in that statement is mine, mine, mine, go get your own. Im guilty of it as well. Been there done that.  Probably numb to the fact. Would I like it to change? Sure would! Will it? Most likely not.

Reminds me of a saying that went around the fishing crowd a few years back. The version from this thread would be,"SHUT UP AND HUNT!"
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.