OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Box decisions

Started by RiverRoost, February 19, 2022, 12:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Who's box should I get from the convention.

Dtrkyman

The one that sounds the best!  Seriously there must be a ridiculous selection there.  Go with your gut I would say, I have an old Rohm brothers box that was a killer years ago, still sounds pretty good but doesn't seem to get the response it once did.

Rarely carry a box anymore.

Tom007

If Marlin Watkins is there, visit him. Probably one of the best sounding boxes made. Good luck....
"Solo hunter"

roberthyman14

I'm pretty partial to old crow.   
Pretty sure their is a live turkey in his boxes

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls

MO_HUNTER

Marlin has a booth, and TJ is with him. The boxes sound fantastic!

Kyle_Ott

Run a bunch of boxes.  Find the one that sounds the best to you and the one that you can make sound the best with ease.

Don't look at the name of the call builder.  Buy that box. 

roosterstraw

Did you end up getting a box? I'm gonna try to go either the convention or Unicoi next year.

Spitten and drummen

Im late to the party but will say there is no best box call. For every well known maker , there are 10 you never heard of. Everyones ear is different. Play all you can and pick the one thats your hen. The great thing about it is that every hen sounds different.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Gobbler428

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 23, 2022, 01:15:33 AM
Im late to the party but will say there is no best box call. For every well known maker , there are 10 you never heard of. Everyones ear is different. Play all you can and pick the one thats your hen. The great thing about it is that every hen sounds different.
X2