OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Copper pot call advice

Started by Mike98, February 12, 2022, 09:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike98

aclawrence

My Yingling copper pot and Neal Herman Dymondwood striker work pretty well together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sbbow

Find a good tulipwood striker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikep

Johnny Mitchell    Gentlemen Jack Game Calls  I absolutely love all of his calls his cooper pot is sweet and my go to call it is loud if you want and soft when you need it to be.

Big Jeremy

I got a Mike Yingling 3 inch copper dyed stabilized ash in the mail today...kicking myself for waiting this long to get one of his. It is all turkey! Super easy to run, excels (in the 15 minutes I played around with it) with soft stuff, but will absolutely scream if you want it to paired with the right striker. To top it off, it is a fine piece of craftsmanship.

I have had one other copper call before this one, and have run several, but this one really is the best sounding one I have run.

As for strikers the fiber rod striker he sent with it is really versatile and does really well on the call. It also ran well with a few other strikers I had upstairs with me. A Neal Hermann persimmon sounded great on it, and so did a JLH tail feather striker. My favorite striker on it was probably my Neal Hermann gaboon ebony, followed closely by the fiber rod striker that Mike sent with the call.

I probably could have just left this post at this...get one of Mike Yingling's copper pots because you will not be disappointed.

ElkTurkMan

Tim Sanford of rut&strut calls makes a great copper pot