OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sumtoy vs Indian Creek

Started by Swampfoxforeman, February 09, 2022, 07:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampfoxforeman

I have a 21" barrel coming for my 870 20 gauge. I'm looking for a choke for it, but I can't decide between Sumtoy and Indian Creek. Thoughts on what one to go with? Thank you

ShortMagFan

Hard to know without shooting them. Plenty of folks using either with good results. William from Sumtoy will probably chime in

Parkerg31

What size shot? Lead or TSS? Average shot distance? Do you want baseball tight or more open? Lots of variables.

Swampfoxforeman

Well I have some lead LBXR #5 If I can find some TSS #9 I'm wanting to try them out. As far as open or really tight I would like a cluster around the size of a basketball

Gmed

I have the same gun and so does my grown son. I have shot the Sumtoy and Indian Creek (both .562 and .570) in each, and I can tell ya, just because they are the same make and model, each gun is different. With Federal TSS #9s his gun likes a .562 Sumtoy, mine a .562 Indian Creek. I shoot Apex Ninja #8.5s now and a .570 Indian Creek threw a better hunting pattern with the 8.5s than the .562. It all depends on how hot a core you want, but you can't go wrong with the .562 constriction in either choke. William at Sumtoy asks people "how dead do you want em". Both Indian Creek and William at Sumtoy seem to be top notch people and will help you find the choke you and your particular gun likes!!!!

Swampfoxforeman

I have a RSF this was my pattern @40 with LBXR #5.

Gmed

Longbeard #6's will add you about 15-20 pellets to that pattern....TSS #9s will add you about 200 and hit with the same energy as those #5's....

Swampfoxforeman

Quote from: Gmed on February 09, 2022, 09:41:17 PM
Longbeard #6's will add you about 15-20 pellets to that pattern....TSS #9s will add you about 200 and hit with the same energy as those #5's....

True but can't shoot TSS out of the RSF. Well it says lead only at least.

SumToy

This is one them that is hard to answer.    Guns are like humans they all have a attitude and it is different.    I seen some that liked the smaller IC stuff better and then next one likes our stuff better.     I dont think you can go wrong with either of them.   

I like one better then the other.  :TooFunny:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

PharmHunter

Quote from: Swampfoxforeman on February 09, 2022, 07:31:09 PM
I have a 21" barrel coming for my 870 20 gauge. I'm looking for a choke for it, but I can't decide between Sumtoy and Indian Creek. Thoughts on what one to go with? Thank you

PharmHunter

Quote from: Swampfoxforeman on February 09, 2022, 07:31:09 PM

You can't go wrong with either of them, but William(sumtoy) is a member here and provides not only a great product but great customer service if that helps. 

Swampfoxforeman

Ordered a Sumtoy 562 choke today

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Swampfoxforeman on February 10, 2022, 06:30:00 PM
Ordered a Sumtoy 562 choke today
I'd say William will most certainly get you sorted out. Plus he's such an asset and has done so much for the OG forum it's just great to support his work. Show us some patterns when you get it dialed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmillwood21

I just picked up a .562 from sumtoy for my 20ga also. I'm going to try the apex 9s with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VAHUNTER

i bought two chokes for my SxS from SumToy . .562 and a .575. shooting Apex TSS in the left and #5'S lead in the right. I could not be happier with this set up. Both chokes throw a really good killing pattern with No holes.
Good things come to those who wait