OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Hunting Boot

Started by Hogmister13, February 05, 2022, 11:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rifleman

Quote from: West Augusta on February 05, 2022, 10:30:27 PM
I don't care about "light and durable" boots.  I wear snake boots.  I don't want to worry about Mr. No Shoulders crawling around my feet when I'm chasing a long beard.

Fully agree.  All it takes is just once to be bitten and your are in for a messy recovery.  I was wearing Danner snake boots and still will in dry situations.  They leaked after about one year of use.  I also wore Lacrosse burleys but don't really trust the rubber to protect me.  That is the reason for the snake gaiters now.  I have not seen many snakes but the one I don't see worries me.

catman529

I've got about half a year on my crispi summits with no visible signs of wear. I wear them to work and hunt, so they see daily abuse. I will not be able to tell how tough they really are until a year or more after I've bought them. But so far, they are promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

slicksbeagles1

I forgot to mention in my previous post if you have an REI store near you go in try own what they have they stand behind what they sell for a year if for whatever reason you can't wear them they will take them back. You will pay regular price but after you figure out what you like then you can look for best price, sometimes you can look on there website and find the same model cheaper than in the store.

blake_08

I've been wearing a pair of Crispi Summits for about a year now and they are the most perfect boot that I've ever owned. I shed hunt, turkey hunt, deer hunt, scout, and small game hunt in them so they have several hundred miles on them so far and no visible signs of wear except some tread loss. Only gripe I have about them is I was shed hunting last spring and I walked several miles through shin high wet grass during a small rain and the goretex became saturated and started leaking through, but only after about 2 or 3 miles of walking. That's the only time my feet have been wet in these boots. Walking through dew covered grass before the sun burns it off or crossing a small creek has not been an issue.

So far, I'm very happy with my first pair of Crispi boots.

AndyH

I have a pair of Crispi Thor 2 gtx and they have been great so far. They fit great and are lightweight 1.25 lbs. I will be buying another pair so I have two pairs of boots on hunting trips away from home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobk

Quote from: rifleman on February 06, 2022, 08:57:36 AM
Quote from: West Augusta on February 05, 2022, 10:30:27 PM
I don't care about "light and durable" boots.  I wear snake boots.  I don't want to worry about Mr. No Shoulders crawling around my feet when I'm chasing a long beard

X2

rifleman

I know this is an older thread but I wanted to update on my Crispi Wyomings.  After using them this spring turkey hunting and following Crispi's instruction to wash with warm water, allow to dry, and spray with their waterproofing after use.  Yesterday I was in and out of 3-4 inch water in a creek bottom and guess what?  They leaked.  I sent a message a couple hours ago to Crispi and have gotten no reply yet.  Makes me think good old Lacrossee Burleys would be better except most times I am not in or near water bur did not expect wet feet with these boots.

Howie g

Green Lagrange = a turkey thumper normally !

Dtrkyman

Out west this year I wore my trail running shoes mostly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Quote from: rifleman on May 13, 2022, 04:48:01 PM
     I know this is an older thread but I wanted to update on my Crispi Wyomings.  After using them this spring turkey hunting and following Crispi's instruction to wash with warm water, allow to dry, and spray with their waterproofing after use.  Yesterday I was in and out of 3-4 inch water in a creek bottom and guess what?  They leaked.  I sent a message a couple hours ago to Crispi and have gotten no reply yet.  Makes me think good old Lacrossee Burleys would be better except most times I am not in or near water bur did not expect wet feet with these boots.
My Irish Setter VaporTrek boots were waterproof until the water went over the top.  Outside that, I had dry feet all year.  Of course this was year one with them, seems they all lose waterproof after a season or three.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Cottonmouth

LL Bean Maine hunting shoes (8") in the hills and Lacrosse grange in the swamp. Don't waste money on Irish Setter vapertrek. They are worthless crap that won't last one season.  Leaked from day one.

ybuck

love my Crispie, best ive found

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Cottonmouth on May 13, 2022, 09:55:06 PM
LL Bean Maine hunting shoes (8") in the hills and Lacrosse grange in the swamp. Don't waste money on Irish Setter vapertrek. They are worthless crap that won't last one season.  Leaked from day one.
I got about five seasons out of my last pair.  Finishing up season one with my second pair.  What kind of terrain are you hunting that eats them?  I could see they wouldn't be great in rocky terrain.  Waterproof?  One or two seasons at bets, no doubt.  But then, so are most.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Cottonmouth

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 13, 2022, 10:37:41 PM
Quote from: Cottonmouth on May 13, 2022, 09:55:06 PM
I got about five seasons out of my last pair.  Finishing up season one with my second pair.  What kind of terrain are you hunting that eats them?  I could see they wouldn't be great in rocky terrain.  Waterproof?  One or two seasons at bets, no doubt.  But then, so are most.
Nothing rugged, they leaked in wet grass right out of the box and the sides split where the toe bends after 1 season. Maybe I got a bad pair but I'll never know. Done with Irish setter. Worst boots I've ever owned.

Green Trumpeter

Hunting in the east, I always wore cheap rubber boots. Been living in Wyoming for a few years now and I've tried a few options. I'd recommend you try a few pairs and see what works best for you. Lowa, Kenetrek and Crispi work for many, but didn't for me. I also found Lowa boots were falling apart within a week and the company would not get back to me when I attempted to reach out to them.

I've had great luck with Hanwag boots!