turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Hunting Boot

Started by Hogmister13, February 05, 2022, 11:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogmister13

I'm wanting the most durable and lightest boot out there for turkey hunting. I have tried several but have not tried crispie yet... Are they worth the money and why?

aclawrence

Boots are really personal as far as finding one that fits your foot the best. With regards to a good quality leather hiking boot I can recommend Zamberlans from a good bit of personal experience. They are expensive but I've bought all mine when I've found them on sale. I even found someone that bought out a shoe store and I bought two pairs from him for $100 each.  Their zbpk last fits my foot so I can order any of their boots with that last in it and it will fit. They also have a couple models with a camo vibrant sole which is great for turkey hunting. I've got a pair on right now actually.

I forgot to mention I do have one pair of Crispi's to. I bought them used off a forum and they are nice boots to. My crispis are the Thor GTX I believe. They are lighter than the Zamberlans because they're not leather but I tend to hunt in my Zamberlans and where the crispi's around the shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vt35mag

Quote from: Hogmister13 on February 05, 2022, 11:48:02 AM
I'm wanting the most durable and lightest boot out there for turkey hunting. I have tried several but have not tried crispie yet... Are they worth the money and why?
No experience yet, but I have a pair of Crispi Crossover Pro Lights coming that I will be running this spring and early bow season.
Probably picking up a pair of Nevada's for deer hunting November/December when we usually have snow on the ground.
Hoping they hold up much longer than other popular, but cheaper brands of hikers I've tried

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

rifleman

Before bow season last fall I bought a pair of Crispi Wyomings.  I liked the Nevada boot but it didn't fit wide enough.  This will be my first turkey season with them and I intend to wear snake chaps with them.  I have a snake phobia, just me.  I wore them in deer season and found them to be quite comfortable and the support is there.  I am thinking about another boot that they call the Guide boot.  Call Black Ovis and ask for Weston in the CS department.  That guy was very helpful and seems to know their products well

Lucky Goose

Lightest and durable don't often cross paths.  There's tradeoffs.

Crispi's aren't going to be your most durable... read around and you'll see reviews and pictures.

I've had some Scarpa triolet's for 4 years now but I like a stiff boot... These have held up great and really are the best built boot I've owned.  BUT, I have by no means tried them all, there's lots of quality boot makers out there, most are european made.  The Scarpa's have been a nice balance of light and tough.  If you go with Scarpa you need to order a half size up, the italians make a pretty narrow toe box.  I have some Lowa's that I really like too but they aren't as light. I have some lathrop and sons boots as well but they sure aren't light.

Sixes

I've never tried the Crispi boots, I've always been a fan of Danners.

I use Danner pronghorn snake boots most of the season and Danner hiking boots the rest of the year.  I work in Danners also.

They fit me well and I get a lot of life out of them.

I liked the snakeboots so well that when I found them on clearance, I bought another pair and put them up, because usually if I find something that I really like, the manufacturer will discontinue the product.

Just like Mossy Oak Trek LIte zip off pants, absolutely loved them and they quit making them, luckily, I found them on clearance and bought about a dozen pairs and they still look and almost fit like new

turkey_slayer

No such thing as light and durable. I wear Merrell ventilators and buy a pair every other year. Light, comfortable and breathable. Lacrosse alphas if wet or going to be crossing water. I have some very expensive boots. They check every mark but none are light. I walk over 300 miles every year in some of the steepest, rockiest terrain in the country. The difference of 2lbs in footwear is extraordinary.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

All about fit when you get into a high end boot, especially euro built.

I tried Crispi, did not fit me well.

Asolo have been my go to, last long stay dry and fit!

aclawrence

They have Crispi Summits on sale at Black Ovis right now.

rifleman

Dtrkyman,  Which of the Asolo boots do you use for turkey hunting?>\

Dtrkyman

Liquid GV currently...last pair was a Horizon which I think I preferred but they were out is stock last time I got boots.

Sierr@  Trading post has great selection and pricing.

I have a heavier duty mountain boot 520 go I think, ware them occasionally turkey season but more for Elk or packing weight but an amazing durable boot!

rakkin6

I use rubber boots but if I was going to go with something else I have had good luck with Lowas. I have a pair that made it through a deployment in Iraq and 2 to Syria.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

slicksbeagles1

Before buying anything go and try them on! There has been some good brands mentioned but if they don't fit you correctly that's a waste of money.

West Augusta

I don't care about "light and durable" boots.  I wear snake boots.  I don't want to worry about Mr. No Shoulders crawling around my feet when I'm chasing a long beard. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

30_06

The Salomon Quest 4 GTX's have worked pretty well for me so far

Esse quam videri