OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 21” compact setup

Started by Whistle, February 04, 2022, 03:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whistle

Hey folks,

I've got a youth model 870 with the 21" barrel that I've had my whole life and I'm wanting to set it up and use it as my dedicated turkey gun. I have a Burris FF3 to put on it and will be having it drilled and tapped. I'm just curious as to what other folks recommend putting on it or wish they had done differently. Also, what stocks are everyone running on these youth models? I have long arms and the factory wood stock is a little bit short for me to be comfortable. Thanks in advance!

SumToy

We have a low profile base for the Burris and the Burris if needed.    We also run 562 choke in them most the time.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Oldmason

Quote from: SumToy on February 04, 2022, 03:05:24 PM
We have a low profile base for the Burris and the Burris if needed.    We also run 562 choke in them most the time.
[/quote
THIS]

Gmed

Quote from: Oldmason on February 04, 2022, 03:38:27 PM
Quote from: SumToy on February 04, 2022, 03:05:24 PM
[/quote
THIS]

THIS

goindeep

+1 on the Sumtoy base and their .562....add an Urbino pistol grip and ride out

Kygobblergetter

I really like the thumbhole stock Remington makes though I'm drawing a blank on what it's called. Love the Burris on mine and it's an absolute shooter with an Indian creek .555. Maybe a little too tight even. It's killed a lot of birds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hootgobbleyelpgobble

Quote from: goindeep on February 04, 2022, 07:49:16 PM

x2..... only thing I could add would be get the limbsaver on the Urbino pistol grip.

Curtdawg88

Quote from: hootgobbleyelpgobble on February 08, 2022, 03:35:16 PM

x2..... only thing I could add would be get the limbsaver on the Urbino pistol grip.
Do they make this stock for 20 gauge? I can only seem to find one for 12 gauge.

"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

hootgobbleyelpgobble

Quote from: Curtdawg88 on February 08, 2022, 08:37:20 PM
Quote from: hootgobbleyelpgobble on February 08, 2022, 03:35:16 PM

Do they make this stock for 20 gauge? I can only seem to find one for 12 gauge.

No I believe I purchased the 12ga stock with the Lucy adapter for the 20ga.

Swampfoxforeman

I love the Remington Shutshot stock on mine. I have a 21" barrel that will be here tomorrow n just ordered a Sumtoy 562.

RED NECK

This is longbeard #6's .570 primos tightwad choke, 40 yards using a range finder as always. Bushnell 1-4x32 circle x reticle. I had it drilled and tapped as well, so I can either use a red dot, or a scope with the saddle mount. I am giving it a new paint job right now, to darken it up and add some more brown and black. I just used spray paint and sponges. It patterns everything very well but I'll keep shooting longbeard #6's from it.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Beardrot

I have the same gun/set up. Sumtoy base/FF3.
The stock is short but i prefer once you get down nestled against a tree. Keep in mind your not going to be wingshooting with it.

tracker#1

AT-3 stock, Burris 3, Sumtoy protector, running 2 barrels, 21" and 26", IC.555, Sumtoy .562

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

A regular, checkered Remington synthetic stock, cause I can't stand a pistol grip.  I prefer the Burris mounting base.  And prefer the Venom sight over the Fastfire.  I kept mine with the shortest synthetic stock for a shorter gun overall.  The red dot negates the need for a longer length of pull for me.  The shorter gun is very handy in the turkey woods.  I've had great luck with the RSF or the IC 555 chokes. 
83% of all statistics are made up.

RED NECK

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on February 10, 2022, 07:51:09 PM
This is longbeard #6's .570 primos tightwad choke, 40 yards using a range finder as always. Bushnell 1-4x32 circle x reticle. I had it drilled and tapped as well, so I can either use a red dot, or a scope with the saddle mount. I am giving it a new paint job right now, to darken it up and add some more brown and black. I just used spray paint and sponges. It patterns everything very well but I'll keep shooting longbeard #6's from it.
I also have the compact stock with the lop kit,as I bought the shurshot stock in 20 gauge after I bought the 21" compact. I just finished painting everything and I am now letting it sit and dry completely in my basement for a few weeks.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........