turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

turkey killed cutting hayUPDATE

Started by outlaw, June 04, 2011, 08:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outlaw

i sarted  cutting hay  this  morning  when i hit a hen on her nest she had 15 eggs 5were all i could save so took  them all  to buddy thats going to hatch them hope they make it :mycross: :angel9:
Im a good guy !!!

turkey slayer

Dang I hate to hear that, but it happens alot when people cut their fields.

outlaw

we have hit 8 fawns to this year and not even half done yet it makes  you fell bad when it happens :begging: :help: :help:
Im a good guy !!!

MarkJM

so far we have hit 1 fawn and 1 nest. its a shame.
MuellerCustomCalls

OldMarine

That's a shame,but a nesting hen in a hay field and a bush hog is rough on the turkey population !
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." – Ronald Reagan

outlaw

the 5 eggs i saved when cutting hay hatched last nite and all are alive hopefully  they will make it :happy0064: :mycross:
Im a good guy !!!

vaturkey

Thats good to hear JR !

Hope they are all gobblers !

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

redarrow

Ain't much you farm boys can do to prevent that either.I can only imagine how upsetting that must get. Hope the 5 make it.

drenalinld

That's a tough deal. I hope the five make it. Props to you guys for trying to save them.

mossy835

Hope they make it also and kudos to you for your efforts.

mossybird

We've hit 2 jakes. I was sad. By the time I saw them, the blade was right behind them.

spurman

Small hay field in KY 5 nests over 60 turkey eggs-- gone.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Ol'Mossy

I went groundhog hunting this morning and when I was done I talked to the landowners wife and she told me they hit a turkey on the nest last week and killed her. She only had 3 eggs. I thought that was pretty odd, about the eggs that is.

limhnger

Only plus about the situation is you got ya self some wingbones to play with...hopefully.

TauntoHawk

all the eggs we destroy by accident think of all the ones eaten and smashed by racoons, foxes, yotes, and the like.

watched a hen one time run around and try and chase off 5 racoons, walked down the hedge row and found the nest all but one egg had been destroyed by those masked little buggers.. they were lucky they were out of shotgun range all morning
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>