OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Quality greenleaf clothing

Started by RiverRoost, February 02, 2022, 11:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Why is it so hard to find good quality shirts and pants in greenleaf. I'm a rather slim build (5'11" 160lbs) and don't like the pants and shirts that swallow me like a parachute. Was liking some of the nomad stuff but they are mostly going with the shadow leaf pattern right now. Any brands to try?

PALongspur

I think Nomad is to have Greenleaf in the line again this year.

Don't waste your time with the garbage from the Mossy Oak store.

RiverRoost

Quote from: PALongspur on February 03, 2022, 07:01:47 AM

Man I agree with you there. I want to support mossy oak bc they are a home state company and have a friend that is in the ranks there but majority of their clothing feels like cheaply generic made junk. They need to step their level of quality and performance up

ScottTaulbee

I've had better luck with the mossy oak store than I have from the nomad garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

I like my Kuiu attack pants and the lighter ones also, they fit like pants should, some different patterns but they have worked for me in the deer and turkey woods.

KYFrid

The Mossy Oak Gamekeepers stuff is alot better quality and has held up great for me. Might want to give them a look.

devin4484

Nomad for me but no Greenleaf if I had to guess this year.  MO stuff is way too dang long in the legs and quality is marginal.  Just get an asat 3d suit and really blend in!!!

SwampRooster17

Quote from: RiverRoost on February 02, 2022, 11:42:46 PM
Why is it so hard to find good quality shirts and pants in greenleaf. I'm a rather slim build (5'11" 160lbs) and don't like the pants and shirts that swallow me like a parachute. Was liking some of the nomad stuff but they are mostly going with the shadow leaf pattern right now. Any brands to try?
I have a hard time finding camo that fits well. If your interested in a leafy suit, north mountain gear has one in green leaf. I wore the jacket all last year and just picked up their pants in m/l. The jacket is a tad long but the pants fit me well. (I'm 5'9 150lbs)

Boykin Hollow

Interesting that you started this thread.  This spring I am going retro and using my woodland camo, army issue pants just like the ones I hunted in back in the 80's. 

Lucky Goose

Gamehide doesn't get mentioned very much but I've always been happy with their stuff.  I haven't had to buy from them lately, just because my pants have held up for YEARS.  It's not exactly cheap, but if you want stuff to last you have to pay for it now a days.  They have some greenleaf stuff too.

Darn right, I've learned to pass on Mossy Oak's own label clothing.  Not worth buying, it's sad.  I've had TWO pairs of ripstop fabric pants not last but a few hunts before the seat tore out of both of them and yea, they were REALLY long, and baggy, MC Hammer cut  hahahaha

GunRunner

Sad to see an American Icon fall short, but I agree on MO's poor quality.
I still prefer their patterns over others. I have noticed recently that Bass Pro/Cabelas does not offer anything in MO patterns anymore.

strut

I like the Kuiu clothing as well.
It seems like it costs a bit more at the initial investment, but mine has worn like iron. Super comfortable and never fades.
The military discount is nice too. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on February 03, 2022, 01:55:16 PM

I've had better luck with the mossy oak store than I have from the nomad garbage

If you ask me they are both garbage..

You can't buy the same thing from mossy oak two years in a row with out it being about 5 inches different then the year before.

Nomad is the same way..might get two years before sizes change...They release the turkey gear to the public who don't attend the horse and pony show about the end of April..by the first week of may everything is sold out unless your the size of momma June..so by the time deer season rolls around you can buy the garbage at Gabe's for so cheap you would think you are stealing it..but back up its garbage anyway...There vest have let so many people down it's not funny....The first year nomad ran the greenleaf pants,well that was a home run..yea they was a little heavy for spring but not everyone is a south Flordia public land champion turkey hunter...About sick and tired of the NWTF logo plastered on everything to.

I picked up some of the game keepers that game hide make late last year..I'm excited to try em

Lucky Goose

I wish Mossy Oak put as much thought into the quality of their hunting line as they do their $25 t-shirts :TooFunny:  I don't know why Mossy Oak gets a pass like they do...sure, I like their patterns too but nostalgia only goes so far.  Stop selling your hunters disposable trash. 

I've never bought a piece of nomad and don't plan to.  I hate obnoxious logos and branding and that's all I can see with that stuff.  I'm not trying to look like your prostaff or advertise for you.

I'm keeping an eye on the new USA MADE Origin company.... really hoping they pan out. I am willing to pay a lot more for quality with a USA label.  Same reason I buy Bristol, TN based LC King/Pointer Brand pants and have one of their jackets.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on February 04, 2022, 07:41:03 PM
Quote from: ScottTaulbee on February 03, 2022, 01:55:16 PM

If you ask me they are both garbage..

You can't buy the same thing from mossy oak two years in a row with out it being about 5 inches different then the year before.

Nomad is the same way..might get two years before sizes change...They release the turkey gear to the public who don't attend the horse and pony show about the end of April..by the first week of may everything is sold out unless your the size of momma June..so by the time deer season rolls around you can buy the garbage at Gabe's for so cheap you would think you are stealing it..but back up its garbage anyway...There vest have let so many people down it's not funny....The first year nomad ran the greenleaf pants,well that was a home run..yea they was a little heavy for spring but not everyone is a south Flordia public land champion turkey hunter...About sick and tired of the NWTF logo plastered on everything to.

I picked up some of the game keepers that game hide make late last year..I'm excited to try em

Apparently I've been lucky. I'm still wearing camo pants and shirts from the mossy oak store I bought 5 years ago with no problems. On the other hand I bought one of the elite strap vests last year, In my opinion it was a perfect vest, until I put a gobbler in the back and the seams ripped out. Other than that I've had no problems. Now nomad and alps on the other hand, everything I've bought from them has ripped within a couple times of wearing it or the sizing has been waaayyy off.