OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Asking Landowner Permission

Started by Dhamilton1, January 31, 2022, 04:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

I don't ask for permission much anymore. Maybe from a few people I know. Back when I had the Brittany permission was almost a necessity if I wanted to get on some roosters. Back then I found it extremely helpful to have a plat book along. Onx will give the same info as the plat book.

When knocking on the doors I would always ask for the land owner by name and than introduce myself. It seemed most were surprised I knew thier names and most seemed to be put at ease. Not sure but maybe asking for the land owner by name shows you have put some due diligence into your effort and your not just a slob hunter.

Also look respectable. Wear decent clothes. Don't have the 5 o'clock shadow 3 days later. Be clean shaven or at least trimmed up nice and neat. If I were a land owner and somebody came to me looking for permission, His general appearance would play a big role as to whether not it was granted. If a guy shows up looking like Rambo after going at with the commies for a week chances are I m going to say move along. Not saying it's a fool proof method but it is a decent way to get your foot in the door.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Happy

Most of the farms around here have a designated area for pontificating. Its called the manure pit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club